Campaign for Lee Mavers on change.org -sign it!

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Campaign for Lee Mavers on change.org -sign it!

Postby sonofmavers » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:54 am

Callin' all!

I've started a campaign on change.org

Would very much appreciate people to sign it. I think it just requires people to go on the link and click a button.

I've just started it, until I get 5 people to sign up it won't be public, so people have to find my link via twitter at first, if people search for lee mavers and find my tweet on 3rd sept, the link is there. Appreciated.

"Let's light a fire for the human race"
sonofmavers

Re: Campaign for Lee Mavers on change.org -sign it!

Postby JACKTHELAD » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Where is the link ?
JACKTHELAD

Postby sonofmavers » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:59 am

https://www.change.org/p/the-las-org-le ... m=copylink

If you copy that into a browser it should work.

Cheers, its a long shot, but you never know!
sonofmavers

Postby JACKTHELAD » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks mate. It s done
JACKTHELAD

Postby sonofmavers » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Nice one.

Now that the petition has passed the first handful it is public so people can go on change.org and just search "mavers" and it'll come up too.

Www.change.org
sonofmavers

Postby Marbled » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Signed.
Marbled

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:36 am

The guy is shunning public life and he must know he has lots of fans.

As frustrating as it is for us, I think we should just respect his wishes.
Gav

Postby sonofmavers » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:45 pm

I know what you mean, but he's just a normal guy and money talks. Also if there is a big response it might genuinely touch him and encourage him to perform live at least.

What is there to lose?

What is there to gain by not bothering and actively discouraging others? I'm disappointed to see that and on a La's website of all places.
sonofmavers

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:29 pm

A forum is somewhere to go for discussion so I'm FOR discussion both ways. Indeed, I like the idea of the petition, but there's nothing wrong with doubting it, there's lots commendable with signing it, and making it!
Tony

Postby Ming-8L » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 pm

I've read quite a few things Lee has said in interviews and off the cuff. One in a while I find comments made by his friends on youtube. I have no doubt Lee has mixed feelings about what music he'll record and when. Or if and when he'll put the band together again. But he's made it very clear he just wants his privacy and is busy running a family. He's a sweet man and at times will entertain discussion about any future work to be polite. But as he said in the Guardian's ..Searching for Lost Lee..." interview he just wants to put the music in a box and leave it. He was irritated and he got up the nerve to finally to say the truth. He's said "what's the point" and many similar statements.

I was daydreaming that once his family is raised he might feel differently. That it might take George Harrison, Bob Dylan or someone else he thinks extremely highly of to talk to him about it. Someone who's recorded live albums. But then I was reading on Billboard live albums aren't counted in their #s as "real" albums. Ok then a mixtape as Chance The Rapper did? His friend called Lee a "manchild as geniuses usually are" and he feels protective of him." He's a close friend since childhood and goes camping with him. Lee doesn't mince words, we must leave him alone. If he gets harassed too much he may become more and more resistant. What he hates more than anything is someone trying to control him or his work. It's a reminder of the horrible experience he had with the music industry. IMO he's putting his priorities right, family first. Julian Lennon who was abandoned by his dad would agree. Musicians can work at 70 if they're good and they choose to. Look at Paul McCartney at, what 74ish. There's still time.
Ming-8L

Postby Ming-8L » Tue May 09, 2017 10:45 pm

No offense meant, previous post. I know how much we all long for hearing anything new from The La's. Just as important we all want Lee to have the success, finish what his vision was so he can have the satisfaction and peace.
Ming-8L

Postby Dan » Thu May 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Ming-8L wrote:What he hates more than anything is someone trying to control him or his work. It's a reminder of the horrible experience he had with the music industry.

Lee may have had a "horrible experience" with the music industry but it was of his own making. He had management and a record label throwing money at him and allowed him to record his music any way he wanted, anywhere he wanted and with anyone he wanted - it isn't the fault of any record company that he failed to finish an album. You can't blame anyone else for Lee's self sabotage. He wasn't and isn't hard done by. He could record a triple album on his much cherished dictaphone and he could find a label to release it, or do it himself and funnily enough that hasn't happened.
Dan

Postby the chosen one » Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 am

Yeah man. There could be a whole variety of reasons why no new material, but one thing that can't be blamed anymore is lack of solid platforms to self-distribute the material without the hassle of record labels. I remember a long while back when the issue of self-release on internet would come up, there were valid negatives as to why putting it out there on the internet wasn't such a great idea from lack of solid platform, to getting a fair share of the revenue, to the obscurity of it and let's be honest the certain disdain there used to be for established artists releasing music that way. Now I think those factors don't hold much weight and preservation of legacy seems a heavy factor. I doubt someone with that amount of talent would not be able to produce some top quality new material even almost 30 plus years later, but that's his call. There is so much new top quality material on par with the La's by other new groups one can look into, some of which used to be shared on here on an older message thread

When I first joined this website I wasn't much into newer music, but with the newer music thread that used to be more active on these boards it made me start to see there are other new groups that also deserve our support.
IM me for free sexy chat
the chosen one

Postby Ming-8L » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:17 am

Signed. I learned about pledgmusic and saw John Power was planning on using it at one point. I agree this can't hurt and will at least show the love. Hopefully from around the world. Sharing petition on twitter.
Ming-8L

Postby scottbeaton91 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Unfortunately, I can't see this happening but have passed the page on to Lee's management.

Hope something comes of it. Best of luck x
scottbeaton91

Next

Return to The La's