The Alpha Waves

Links to member sites & similar bands. Add yours.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

The Alpha Waves

Postby Marbled » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:58 pm

this is probably the quietest part of the forum, but best place to give a shout out for my band without getting a La's lashing for being not so obviously influenced by Lee, like in the main forum!
we've just put up five newly recorded songs, Cash Refund Please, Bring Your Own Bottle, A Pony That Turned The Applecart, FM and Dog Soldier... a little bit of a mixed bunch, a pinch of punk leanings, indie indecency, ballad flirting and pop pouting all slung in there.
would appreciate any advice, good bad or plain ugly!
thanks
m

dead link, gone band.
Last edited by Marbled on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marbled

Postby bobbinsgubbins » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:03 pm

I was listening the other day quite liked a couple of them but must say that "cash refund Please" was one of the worst songs i've ever heard (sorry u asked for honest!)

Liked your acoustic stuff as well

Is now the worng to ask for an oink inv?

:lol:
bobbinsgubbins

Postby Marbled » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 pm

hehehehe I appreciate your honesty! of all our songs it maybe the one that divides the audience, some (very trusted people) say it's our strongest, hence is track one on our new promo cd, and bizarrely have had people saying to me it was their favourite, even though I would've, stereotypically, assumed a more mainstream one having been their's.. so while it falls foul of your favour, it hasn't with others, so I don't feel so bad :wink:
have given out my two OiNK invites, but am due more, so will keep you first up.
Marbled

Postby Neil83 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Mmm...They're as good as anything in the charts I suppose. Whether that's an insult or a compliment I'll leave up to you.
Neil83

Postby Marbled » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:13 pm

neil83 wrote:Mmm...They're as good as anything in the charts I suppose. Whether that's an insult or a compliment I'll leave up to you.

an insult! :wink: nah seriously I appreciate it, there is an element in a band where you want to write 'some' songs that would be chart friendly, an element I hasten to add, not a masterplan.... so that you pass it by as that and don't have anything further to add at least puts us in a ball park of sorts to work from. I have no aspirations beyond trying to get a local following together to make gigs plausable and viable (the guys in the band are looking at a bigger picture though), so coming on here is just going to the cream of the milk forum types and expecting reviews with a clenched tight ball sack!
thanks guys and Sushi if she's listened?!
will keep at it and the next five songs already waiting to be recorded in May are diversifying from these songs quite a lot, will see how the road travels, but your views are definite road signs, cheers.
Marbled

Postby Johan Cruyff » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:52 pm

Really like A pony that, I remember it from your solo stuff - Only listened to the original once or twice ? but it seems to have really grown :D

I'm a bit dwunk - so won't comment on the others just yet ...
Johan Cruyff

Return to Links