I'm honestly just ranting about the la's

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

I'm honestly just ranting about the la's

Postby Mavers Needs A Wee » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 am

I'm not stoned or drunk or anything, just a mad bastard.

I feel like this is an "if you know, you know" situation and if anyone's gonna know it's this forum. The Gallagher brothers appear to also know, and Cast and The Crescent definitely know (Spinning Wheels is unreal)

I was listening to the crescent and kitchen tapes on the train and immediately as I got home I just fuckin weeped I'm not gonna lie. *insert joke about women having emotions here* I have never been this enamoured with anything in my life as I am with this band and highly doubt I'm ever gonna be again. Every time I think for a split second I'm over it I get hit by a bus again. Tbh I'm convinced at this point that there really must be magic dust in the La's music. It just ascends you at least 75 astral planes above this one even just thinking about it. I paint and the best thing I ever painted is when I went through loads of interviews, especially the Japan one I like so much, and made a giant diagram of Lee's theory on how music is created. Ever since I first heard the official album (sadly only this time last year) there hasn't been a day go past where I'm not thinking about something to do with them. It's actually fuckin debilitating yet I regret nothing.

I wonder what I would be doing right now if I'd never bought that CD because "hey (friend), this one's got a cool lookin eye on it!"

WOO I FINALLY GOT DONE CHATTING BULLSHIT
Mavers Needs A Wee

Re: I'm honestly just ranting about the la's

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:18 am

Show us the painting :D
Tony

Postby Mavers Needs A Wee » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Mavers Needs A Wee

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Oh wow, I like those! Colourful, reminds me of the Feelin' cover, Marc Chagall's work... that's very much a compliment :D

Hope you're digging the La's, the music that never gets dull...
Tony

Postby Mavers Needs A Wee » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 am

Tony wrote:Oh wow, I like those! Colourful, reminds me of the Feelin' cover, Marc Chagall's work... that's very much a compliment :D

Hope you're digging the La's, the music that never gets dull...

Thanks very much that's a hell of a compliment! I don't think it matters how many times I listen to these songs in all their various incarnations, they ain't getting any less magical
Mavers Needs A Wee

Return to The La's