Sorry (Cork)

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Sorry (Cork)

Postby billyjoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello everybody,

Do you know a clean version of this song? Can't find anywhere...
The one on youtube is so frustrating, even if we still can detect its genius.
billyjoe

Re: Sorry (Cork)

Postby Tony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:04 pm

No. Even whacked it through my DAW. At best you make the obscene bass distortion quieter but strip all but the higher end out the song. A different kind of almost unlistenable. The recording is fundamentally ruined. Not sloppy, not messy... Proper banjaxed.
Tony

Postby billyjoe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Thank you for your answer Tony.
I remember someone made a good cover of this song on youtube, but it seems removed?...
billyjoe

Postby Neil83 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Just a thought but was rereading the Isles Of Noises interview again and it occured to me is Sorry actually titled Stop? First line (repeated throughout) does seem to be along the lines of 'How do you stop this blame game', so would make sense.
Neil83

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Neil83 wrote:Just a thought but was rereading the Isles Of Noises interview again and it occured to me is Sorry actually titled Stop? First line (repeated throughout) does seem to be along the lines of 'How do you stop this blame game', so would make sense.

Did you catch that upload on YouTube (I ripped it of course so can upload) of "Never Gonna Stop" from 95 or so? It isn't "Sorry", but that's the only other one it could be...

But the Isle of Noises thing I remember too. I don't know if Lee would have songs both called "Never Gonna Stop" AND "Stop", but they're clearly different songs (though the 1995 one sounds like a song more than a jam it is only a snippet; but it also might have fallen by the wayside - isn't the IoN context about his "latest" songs, which would probably indeed refer to what we know as "Sorry" as it debuted with his other new one, "Gimme the Blues"?)

Lyrically as well Neil as you say it fits like a glove.

Where did "Sorry" originate...? (In my head I'm thinking "setlist" or "passed on from the band" - I even found a post from myself at the time saying it was from a confirmed source (those are the only "confirmed sources" I've ever had or would post with in mind; predating that is Syl mentioning the titles of the then "new songs" played.)
Tony

Postby Neil83 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Yeah in IoN Lee groups Gimme the Blues and Stop as the last two songs he'd written, both "a few years back". Which along with the (perceived at any rate) lyrical connection does back up my theory.

But yeah I had forgotten about that snippet of Never Gonna Stop, good point.
Neil83

Return to The La's