Making a La's mini 'documentary' website for uni

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Making a La's mini 'documentary' website for uni

Postby Ste16Ng » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Callin all, for my uni project I have to make an 'interactive multimedia' website and I'm doing it on The La's. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to be interviewed and maybe give a personal account of what the La's means to you and how you felt at the time they first came onto the scene (if you were alive lol) and any anecdotes of being at the gigs, meeting the band etc. Would just be a case of mic'ing you up, so you don't have to be on camera. I also wanted to ask if anyone has any images in their personal collection they could send my way, or pictures of tickets , posters etc. If anyone is keen please get in touch, cheers!! :D Edit: should have mentioned I am based in Liverpool and can come to you.
Ste16Ng

Re: Making a La's mini 'documentary' website for uni

Postby Tony » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm too young, I didn't see the La's til 05!

We have some OGs ... :D Cmon you lot, step forward!
Tony

Postby ncj1970 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Haha! Good call Tony :) As my forum name suggests (I really need to change it) I was born in the 70's and had the good fortune to be really into music when the La's were playing around Liverpool in the late 80's. I saw them play an 'Xmas special' at the Hardman House hotel in '88 (I think) as well as at the State Ballroom around that time - Lee M, John P, Chris Sharrock on drums but can't remember name of guitarist (think the same as on the live T&C gig on TV). They were incredible. Simply amazing and I rate either gig up there in my top 3. I also went to Paris (La Cigelle) to watch them and Stone Roses but by then I thought they were on their way out (with Neil M and Cammy in the line-up) and the Roses stole that show. We met Lee and John on the ferry on the way back and had a chat with them and I also met them a few weeks later at Happy Mondays gig at Liverpool Uni. Anyway, before I ramble too much, I'd be more than happy to be interviewed for your project if you like - could do it over the phone if easier? Please PM me and we can swap email addresses etc.

Best wishes, ncj1970
ncj1970

Postby Timelessmelodys1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 pm

I have a massive collection of La’s Stuff! Including the bus stop posters for Way out and There She Goes! Also have tons of collectibles and Royal Court posters, silver and gold discs!
Timelessmelodys1

Postby RyanSams1967 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 pm

I got into The La's in 2012 so unfortunately I never got the chance to see them live. Will Lee Mavers ever do anything again? It seems that his main focus is smoking weed and football these days - how depressing....
RyanSams1967

Postby Ming-8L » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 am

He has a very nice family and just lives a normal life. He likes his privacy. Who knows... if he'll ever play in public again.
Ming-8L

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Removed a post, Ryan, feel free to remake it in the thread you have made, but this one is pretty blatantly about someone's university project, not speculation about Lee right now!
Tony

Postby RyanSams1967 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Fair enough. Apologies. Being on the autistic spectrum I tend to say things quite plainly. No offence intended! ☮️
RyanSams1967

Return to The La's