The La’s Live

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

The La’s Live

Postby Drewsky34 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi I’m new here but I first heard the La’s because I loved Oasis and Noel Gallagher mentioned them so I checked out the album and ever since I’ve been obsessed. I’m from America and not one of my friends has even heard of them, not many know about them. Anyways I’m too young to have ever seen them live but since there aren’t a ton of videos online I was wondering for anyone who did get to see them, and I mean back in the 80’s or early 90’s, what was it like? I bet it was amazing!
Drewsky34

Re: The La’s Live

Postby StoutishCash » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Haven’t seen them but I recommend reading the book “a hidden Liverpool, in search of the la’s”
One of my favourite books and you’ll find out loads of stuff about what they where like. I whisk I could have seen them too. Hope this helped
StoutishCash

Re: The La’s Live

Postby Gav » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 am

Saw them twice in the 2005 tour.

Dublin gig... the band was about 2 hours late, crowd must have heard the Kaiser Chiefs album of the time about 3 or 4 times after the support act. Feared the worst, word went around that they were in a pub across the road getting hammered. They eventually came on shortly before 11pm and they were absolutely brilliant.

Saw them in London the following week. In the meantime they had parted ways with their drummer and replaced him with someone who, all credit to him for doing it anyway, just couldn't play the drums. I thought that it was shambolic personally but others strongly disagreed with that point here.
Gav

Return to The La's