Picture Links Broken

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Picture Links Broken

Postby jamesimaci1996 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:48 am

To everyone

How do we combat picture links being broken. This is quite a problem and a major inconvienence to elaboration of forum posts.
jamesimaci
jamesimaci1996

Re: Picture Links Broken

Postby Syl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 pm

I mirror articles and 'older' media, but the growing use of linking Facebook/Twitter/Instagram images make things a bit difficult. I can't really copy the pictures over to the server space and mirror them. The user posting them might be perfectly happy for the pictures to vanish after a few days/weeks/months.

That's just the nature of how things are now. More fleeting and transient. Copy what you enjoy from those platforms and save it locally. I can't really offer a better solution for social media, sorry. If you see something that has not been taken by a user on their phone, an article or photo from further back, on the forum, contact me, with a link to the post/thread, I'll see if I can mirror/refresh it for you.
Syl
Site Admin

Postby jamesimaci1996 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:11 am

Cheers Syl, may I ask do you have a La's archive? If so how much have you collated.
jamesimaci
jamesimaci1996

Postby Ming-8L » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm

You and find quite a few by searching. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=th ... F7EB0211A9

1987 http://www.redhouseoriginals.com/artists/jake-summerton Available to purchase.
I found some of my favorites in La's youtube videos.
Ming-8L

Return to The La's