2017 Pics Of Lee

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: 2017 Pics Of Lee

Postby Tony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Dunno, he's five years off turning 60....
Tony

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:44 pm

i think hes done well to keep his hair upto now :lol: he looks like hes happy in mind with no pressure :) still be nice if he played tho :lol:
Lord Nash Gentleman

Postby Khris » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Dan wrote:Seriously though, Lee looks really ill doesn't he? Compare him to his brother Gary.

I was just thinking the same thing. I saw Gary in my local vets a couple of months ago and he looks about 15 years younger than his actual age. Lee is 55yo and he pretty much looks about 55yo I think.
Khris

Postby Sean » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 pm

He’s caned the drugs in the past, he’s lived the life. He’s not looking too bad for his age really. Also, who really cares as long as he’s still Lee? If that makes sense?
Sean

Postby Gav » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:52 am

Sean wrote:He’s caned the drugs in the past, he’s lived the life. He’s not looking too bad for his age really. Also, who really cares as long as he’s still Lee? If that makes sense?

If his appearance is down to substance abuse (as you note, it may not) then is it still Lee?

He is younger than many Hollywood leading men and Lee once had the good looks they did too, and equally has not had a life in hard labour which would impact ageing.
Gav

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 am

Hollywood leading men?!? Jesus christ! What an odd comparison. Firstly their faces are part of their skill sets to a degree. Secondly how many of those vain twats have had plastic surgery etc. I find this a bit of a weird subject to be honest. Some people age more than others, its no big deal really is it?
Sean

Postby Ming-8L » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 am

His charm and beauty lie deep within. It can never fade. The wrinkles are consistent with much time in the sun which is known to improve the mood. I'm all for that. I hope he takes care of himself. Compare to John here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfYFqVkQ1No
Last edited by Ming-8L on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ming-8L

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am

Gav wrote:If his appearance is down to substance abuse (as you note, it may not) then is it still Lee?

I find that an odd sentiment. Are you suggesting that anyone who's beaten addiction is no longer them self? Michael Head's beaten heroin addiction twice. Does that mean he's twice removed from being himself?

Gav wrote:He is younger than many Hollywood leading men and Lee once had the good looks they did too, and equally has not had a life in hard labour which would impact ageing.

I don't think that's a valid comparison. You can't lump Lee in with the likes of Tom Cruise just because neither has spent the majority of their life working on a building site. Being a multi-millionaire affords you access to the best health care, diet and personal trainers etc etc. To me Lee just looks like your average middle aged guy. He may have a talent that most don't, but I bet he's lived a pretty similar lifestyle in regards to diet and exercise.
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am

Spot on post Midnight Rambler, couldnt agree more. Anyway, nevermind drugs and fucking hollwood actors (lol!) following Everton week in week out can’t be good for anybodies health hahaha!
Sean

Postby Gav » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 pm

The_Midnight_Rambler wrote:
Gav wrote:If his appearance is down to substance abuse (as you note, it may not) then is it still Lee?

I find that an odd sentiment. Are you suggesting that anyone who's beaten addiction is no longer them self? Michael Head's beaten heroin addiction twice. Does that mean he's twice removed from being himself?

Of course that is not what I mean. You are being intellectually dishonest.
Gav

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Gav wrote:Of course that is not what I mean. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I'm really not, I just didn't understand what point you were making (and still don't). I'm not looking for an argument or anything though, we're all fans here :D
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Gav » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:37 am

The_Midnight_Rambler wrote:
Gav wrote:Of course that is not what I mean. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I'm really not, I just didn't understand what point you were making (and still don't). I'm not looking for an argument or anything though, we're all fans here :D

"If his appearance is down to substance abuse (as you note, it may not) then is it still Lee?"

It is obviously not an attack on people who have beaten drug addictions and I find it hard to believe that anyone could reasonably interpret my post as such.

Drug addiction does impact appearance, and true personalities and defining characteristics are obscured by drug addiction. Drug addiction rumours have surrounded Lee for 20+ years. His appearance, especially considering that of his siblings, would be concerning given these rumours. Not to mention the context. And it goes without saying that hopefully these rumours are bullshit.
Gav

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

Gav wrote:Drug addiction does impact appearance, and true personalities and defining characteristics are obscured by drug addiction. Drug addiction rumours have surrounded Lee for 20+ years. His appearance, especially considering that of his siblings, would be concerning given these rumours. Not to mention the context. And it goes without saying that hopefully these rumours are bullshit.

They're not. Lee acknowledged that he'd had a problem in the Isle Of Noise interview. When talking about a meeting with Johnny Marr he says, something along the lines of, "this was years ago, when I was on smack". I guess it would have been around the time of the There He Goes NME article.
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:54 am

Sure he mentions using acid in that interview too. Most of everybodies record collections were made by people on drugs, its no big deal. He also says in that interview that he hasnt touched them for years now due to parental responsibilites. Great book that isle of noises by the way. People make way bigger a deal out of drugs than really needed. Caffiene and sugar are drugs too, just saying.
Sean

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Well, this certainly sprung the forum back into life! lol

Yeah, no - maybe they're bad pics but particularly in the second pic he looks like an addict who has been living rough for a decade or so and been given some free clobber. It's not a question of being or not being rich, compare him to his brother and contemporaries - your average 55 year old doesn't look that rough.
Dan

PreviousNext

Return to The La's