2017 Pics Of Lee

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: 2017 Pics Of Lee

Postby Gav » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:31 am

Sean wrote:Sure he mentions using acid in that interview too. Most of everybodies record collections were made by people on drugs, its no big deal. He also says in that interview that he hasnt touched them for years now due to parental responsibilites. Great book that isle of noises by the way. People make way bigger a deal out of drugs than really needed. Caffiene and sugar are drugs too, just saying.

What?

People make big deals out of certain drugs, such as Heroin, Crystal Meth etc for a fucking good reason. Drawing a false equivalence with sugar and caffeine is fucking bullshit.
Gav

Postby Sean » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am

I never said they were the same dickhead. Although ask a diabetic sugar is pretty destructive. Most people can take drugs week in week out with no problem. I know fucking loads, myself included. I manage to hold down a job, pay a mortgage and run a house just fine amd still reguarly take drugs. The real problem lies in prohibtion and the fact most governments prefer them to be unregulated and in the hands of criminals rather than safe vendors and manufacturors. The La’s were and prob still are big weed smokers. Zero deaths ever from weed. Fucking zilch. Energy drinks (caffiene) killed more people last year than cannabis in a 100 years. So you was saying?
Sean

Postby Gav » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Your straw-man arguments just make you look like even more of a fool.
Gav

Postby Sean » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Really Gav? How so? Every country that has legalised or decriminalised drugs has seen hugely positive results. Crime rates goes down in a big way, drug use falls and in terms of countries that have legalised cannabis for instance huge tax income has been generated and then spent on things useful to society not going into criminal gangs pockets. And the no cannabis deaths is a fact too. Its non-toxic for starters. Too much caffiene however can cause a heart attack. Please tell me what’s foolish about all that? Or just make really pretty shit straw-man comments, whatever I’m not too fussed either way.
Sean

Postby Gav » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Continue with straw-man arguments. :roll:
Gav

Postby Khris » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Sean wrote:I never said they were the same dickhead. Although ask a diabetic sugar is pretty destructive.

Glucose is a poison. Too much of it and you will suffer organ failure (usually kidney failure). We have receptors in the body that retain glucose because, obviously, it is used as an energy source. But excess amounts of it in the blood destroys tissue.

What we do know is that your appearance is down to genetics and lifestyle. What we don't know is how much of Lee's appearance is down to genetics/aging and how much is down to lifestyle. To speculate either way is pointless and, frankly, insulting.
Khris

Postby rob9ie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Seems to me some people just don’t have a filter nowadays.
I’ve found some of the comments in this thread at best comparable to toxic tittle tattle you’d expect from the Daily Mail, and at worst disrespectful and offensive to the bloke and his family.
Pretty disappointing, and to be honest embarrassing.
rob9ie

Postby Syl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:57 pm

I would go along with the jist of what you're saying rob9ie. I don't know how anyone would feel the need to get bent out of shape by a musician's life away from the music, particularly The La's, in 2017, given their output regimen up to now.

Certain musicians cause people to psychologically project on to that musician in a very unhelpful manner, it scuppers any chance of open and airy views on music, not just The La's music.

It puts me off visiting the forum, to be honest.

I've no business commenting on how someone else looks, I'm no oil painting myself..

Be civil, at least.
Syl
Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:44 pm

You have to remember Marr and Noel have stylists and beauty treatments (Marr even dyes his hair jet black!) - Mick Head just treated himself to new teeth :D

Lee's a normal bloke getting older - rarely seen for years at a time...
James

Postby Fester » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 am

I think Lee looks great!

Hope I look that good in 5 years when I am 55.

Obviously has to be young whipper snappers taking lumps out of him on here.

Your time will come lads!

As for Johnny Marr's dyed hair - am I the only one who thought he wore a wig?

You'll be telling me next that Ronnie Wood's barnet is the real deal.

:D
Fester

Postby James » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am

Rather randomly Bonehead from Oasis was backstage at a gig by my mates band recently... the subject of Noel came up and Bonehead said "Unlike Liam I haven't seen Noel in ages - the last time he was outside Johnnys (a few doors down from Boneheads) and my missus said they both had Heath food shop carrier bags and Johnny looked like he had just topped his hair dye back up... he drinks kale shakes!!"
James

Postby jcalz216 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Fester wrote:I think Lee looks great!

Hope I look that good in 5 years when I am 55.

Obviously has to be young whipper snappers taking lumps out of him on here.

Your time will come lads!

As for Johnny Marr's dyed hair - am I the only one who thought he wore a wig?

You'll be telling me next that Ronnie Wood's barnet is the real deal.

:D

Exactly! Plus, I care more that he's happy than anything else. I mean, consider how perfectionist he's been and how his putting two or three times as much effort in as anyone else means he's felt two or three times as bad when nothing pans out. Admittedly, it's partially his own fault, but I've been there, too. I'm a novelist, you see, and Lee's story helped me overcome my own addiction to making sure the stars aligned. If he's HAPPY after all that and content to be a family man, fantastic! It matters way more. :D
jcalz216

Previous

Return to The La's