2017 Pics Of Lee

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

2017 Pics Of Lee

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 am

I randomly stumbled on a couple of new pics of Lee on Instragram last night. I thought I'd post them here for anyone interested.

Weirdly he appears to be promoting/endorsing both an indie clothing brand and, more surprisingly, a substitute to tap water.

I couldn't work out how to embed Instagram images here, so have just stuck the links below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaZrb0OHtNX/?tagged=leemavers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaO7tvvAakr/?tagged=leemavers
The_Midnight_Rambler

Re: 2017 Pics Of Lee

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Good find... I'll embed below. Took me a few seconds to recognise it's Lee! Maybe he can write a jingle to flog that water ;)

Tony

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:16 pm

AlkaFuel to the tune of IOU? It writes itself :wink:

Yeah, he looks quite a bit older in that second pic. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have realised it was him if the guy hadn't stuck the cover of Macey's book next to it.
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby jcalz216 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Great minds think alike, as I'm on an alkaline water kick myself. Lee may have some trouble with easing up on himself and not trying QUITE as hard but he's always got his finger on the pulse of certain things. That rumor about the canal boat and Zionist conspiracy theories comes to mind. It would be funny if he's spent the past 30 or so years "gettin' in tune to the straight and narrow" and we're going to finally see him admit that Yeah, it was a one-man band kind of thing from the start. That anecdote from Macefield's book about all his home recordings, not to mention Rachel's interview where he said it's a big job but it could be done if he's interested. "Who knows what the future holds..."
jcalz216

Postby Tony » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:28 am

jcalz216 wrote:Great minds think alike, as I'm on an alkaline water kick myself. Lee may have some trouble with easing up on himself and not trying QUITE as hard but he's always got his finger on the pulse of certain things. That rumor about the canal boat and Zionist conspiracy theories comes to mind.

Unless I'm missing something, that rumour is based on one tweet from nobody I can place... Anyone can say anything on twitter.

The first pic is actually on that instagram in full, captioned 'Lee getting his delivery', presumably his home. Which doesn't look like a boat!

Tony

Postby big shabba » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:56 pm

The clothing is a new venture being run by Joey Harrison, who was the drummer in The Crescent
big shabba

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:13 am

good to see the legend again 8)
Lord Nash Gentleman

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 am

whens the documentary on Mavers by Flat5Productions coming :)
Lord Nash Gentleman

Postby oozeymc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Interesting pics. Must admit, there's a certain irony in Lee only accepting a more purified version of tap water - at least he's consistent :D

I hope he's well and happy.

(and if he ever fancied recording a full band version of 'Sorry' then that would be just fine, thanks)
www.soundcloud.com/samueljweston <-- La's covers here.
oozeymc

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm

big shabba wrote:The clothing is a new venture being run by Joey Harrison, who was the drummer in The Crescent

Very interesting! Presumably that'll be why Joey was recently selling the original copies of the Crescent tapes then, to fund this clothing venture. I wonder if Lee's aware of that :wink:
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Gav » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:40 am

I hope I am wrong but this smacks of opportunism and taking advantage of Lee.
Gav

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 am

Gav wrote:I hope I am wrong but this smacks of opportunism and taking advantage of Lee.

Maybe, but I'm sure Lee's savvy enough to know that if he's being given freebies, and having his picture taken showing them off, then it's so the company can generate a bit of publicity online. Although I can't imagine the likes of Alkafuel are likely to see too much of a sales surge off the back it!
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Gav » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:45 pm

The_Midnight_Rambler wrote:
Gav wrote:I hope I am wrong but this smacks of opportunism and taking advantage of Lee.

Maybe, but I'm sure Lee's savvy enough to know that if he's being given freebies, and having his picture taken showing them off, then it's so the company can generate a bit of publicity online. Although I can't imagine the likes of Alkafuel are likely to see too much of a sales surge off the back it!

But it's a man who appears to value artistic integrity to a degree I have never seen, clearly to the detriment of his financial well-being. Yet he is a part of really shoddy PR for products he (I assume) is not a stakeholder in. The photos don't even look prepared.
Gav

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:12 am

He allows his best somg to be used on sofa adverts...
Sean

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am

"Don't do drugs, kids!"

Seriously though, Lee looks really ill doesn't he? Compare him to his brother Gary. I wonder if it is drugs, or if there was actually some truth to that very old rumour that Lee suffered from some kind of premature aging condition.
Dan

Next

Return to The La's