Lee's Recording Desk

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Lee's Recording Desk

Postby jcalz216 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Stateside La's fan and first-time poster here.

I'm curious if anyone can shed some light on the mixing desk mentioned in Macefield's book--"the desk to end all desks," as he describes it on page 130 of the revised edition. Is it the same desk that Mike Badger casually refers to as "the Mother Ship" on page 171 of The Rhythm and the Tide? Specifically, does anyone know its "make and model," all that technical stuff?

Thanks!
jcalz216

Re: Lee's Recording Desk

Postby jcalz216 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Also, fun fact: apparently they played the Undertones' "Teenage Kicks" at one of their Boston shows. Or so a record store owner who was in attendance told me in passing. :)
jcalz216

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm

I don't believe I've seen that desk named, there was a bit of discussion around the time of Macey's book coming out as to whether he noticed the make or not. I'll post if I stumble across it...

Teenage Kicks, sounds like a perfect song for the La's to cover. The American tour doesn't seem as well captured / remembered as the UK legs, so quite believable! From Neil's ace gigography, could be this "unknown set" show?

07/07/91 - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, US

Set:
unknown
Tony

Postby jcalz216 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Actually, it was the other Boston show. The one at the Edward Hatch Memorial Shell. I made sure to ask because the record store where I learned this was literally next door and one flight down from the Paradise Rock Club. In Your Ear Records, if you're ever in the area.
jcalz216

Postby jcalz216 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Oh, and thanks--for replying as well as whatever you may have done re that copy of the Crescent tape now on YouTube. :)
jcalz216

Return to The La's