Lee and John

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Lee and John

Postby upstarts » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:33 am

Really wish Lee and John would get back together, even if its just for a couple of live dates or whatever.
For me The La's are Lee and John.
I mean technically Lee is The La's, but when the two are together there is that magic or chemistry whatever you want to call it, that all the great bands have when they get back together no matter how long it has been.
Life's too short yo know what I mean
Who is the captain of the love brigade?
upstarts

Re: Lee and John

Postby Marbled » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:25 pm

With Alan Mcgee managing Cast these days and them seemingly filling up their schedules with upcoming album promotional duties, I doubt it'll happen.

Lee was rumoured to have signed to Alan's label a couple of years ago and that disappeared (probably just a rumour in the end) - so I'd expect Alan knows where his bread is buttered with John.

Personally, Lee and John on a duo acoustic tour would do it for me. Old and new songs, even Cast songs if Lee were up for it - I doubt he would be, but it'd be mint to hear some of John's solo stuff with Lee on it too.
Marbled

Postby jammyc77 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:26 pm

You no what... If ever there was a time for that man to show the world what he has its now. What with the Roses coming back etc its now. Perhaps his heart is no longer in music, Everyone has there heart broken at some point in there life! Lee has gotta regain his heart for it i reckon. I just hope he has the heart left for something he was the master of.

A football team may get beaten, But they lose and go again the next week and keep fighting until victory is there's! That is what Lee has got to realize, He's gotta go again! Because his team was to god damn good to go defunct. And the exile is nothing but defeat.

I don't care how old he is, or if his voice has changed a little from his younger days! What he's got at 53, most 20 year old's in bands who are successful will never have! and that's the magic for songwriting! Lee, Find that heart will ya mate and win.
jammyc77

Postby Marbled » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:48 pm

jammyc77 wrote:You no what... If ever there was a time for that man to show the world what he has its now. What with the Roses coming back etc its now. Perhaps his heart is no longer in music, Everyone has there heart broken at some point in there life! Lee has gotta regain his heart for it i reckon. I just hope he has the heart left for something he was the master of.

A football team may get beaten, But they lose and go again the next week and keep fighting until victory is there's! That is what Lee has got to realize, He's gotta go again! Because his team was to god damn good to go defunct. And the exile is nothing but defeat.

I don't care how old he is, or if his voice has changed a little from his younger days! What he's got at 53, most 20 year old's in bands who are successful will never have! and that's the magic for songwriting! Lee, Find that heart will ya mate and win.

I like this analogy! Let's just not mention the E****** word ;)
Marbled

Postby Gav » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:30 am

I wonder if this relationship means more to the fans than Lee and John themselves? How many of us were particularly close with team-mates, work mates, school mates in the past and it has little relevance now? It is a long time ago for them now and a lot has happened in John's life since. Presumably Lee's too.
Gav

Postby Ming-8L » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Views of the La's from America. I found an opinion in a Liverpool forum from a fan in New Jersey, 2008. Who knows what he knows or why thinks the way he does. I think it's strong enough to repeat here, perhaps my wishful thinking.

"Me thinks Mavers knew he was quite good, and prolly a bit snotty and misunderstood...but I really think he really really knows how good he was. I'm also quite fond that he and John Power finally recognize they are a Jagger Richards/ Lennon McCartney/ Lloyd Verlaine caliber coupling!"
Ming-8L

Postby Ming-8L » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:02 am

I have to believe music is so close to Lee's heart that he is and will keep on with it. Whether that means in the practice room or in public, I don't know. In the states footballers call practice 'grinding' -sound like a chore. I'd say for Lee his music is rarely a grind. He's got the beautiful game, the best just have so much joy with it -and know how good they are.
As long as he has the feeling he can do solo or 2 piece performances if he wants. I don't see him enjoying playing alone though.
He is best with a good team. If he can get a good full band again, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Mt-St ... tyguo#t=89
Ming-8L

Postby Ming-8L » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:59 pm

New John Power interview, Aug 3, 2017
http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/ne ... aks-263706

John admitted: "I have to say joining The La's was the big highlight as it was the starting point of my career. I joined the group at a very young age and was lucky enough to be thrown in with one of this generation's greatest songwriters and complete musicians. That was a glorious time for music."
Ming-8L

Return to The La's