John Power LTW Interview.

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

John Power LTW Interview.

Postby rbrookes123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Great interview.
A whole albums worth of new songs rehearsed in 2005 with Lee. Intriguing.

http://louderthanwar.com/john-power-cas ... ew-part-2/
rbrookes123

Re: John Power LTW Interview.

Postby Khris » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Very good interview, but it does just confirm what we all know about Lee. He has an idea, a sound and he wants the songs to represent that. John does make the point that perhaps it is something he can never capture and that's just how it's meant to be. Sadly, I think he hit the nail on the head.
Khris

Postby James » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 pm

2005 was looking promising wasn't it... he was in the NME and Melody Maker openly talking... sounding optimistic and getting rehearsal and recording time in... although the photoshoots at the time showed a rather knackered looking Lee and told of a band rather splintered and new musicians looking rather lost...

It''s fairly well known on here that he recorded quite a few tapes of ideas with Edgar 'Summertyme' Jones too but all were stuck in a drawer somewhere and swiftly forgotten about which is rather frustrating...
James

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Really interesting interview. It at least confirms that new songs do exist in their entirety. The fact that whenever Lee does get together with other people he still seems to working on the songs has always left me worrying that they may not have progressed much beyond the Crescent/Kitchen versions. Glad to hear some actual finished demos exist out there, even if there's no chance of hearing them.
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby kenny p » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 pm

great interview, i beleve JP is the key u have all been looking for to get the LA'S back and he should maybe chap that door(or lee chaps his)" . my reasoning for this is maybe quite simplistic,and it comes down to this .Work ethic or drive . I read in search of the LA"S a few years ago whenever the second edition was printed , in the book lee said (im paraphasing) that until JP appeared the band was not really happening , JP brought a young crowd, an enthusisium and drive which changed everything.a year or so after reading the book jp reformed cast and worked on the album with J LECKIE ,in an interview at the time J leckie says jp is one of the most driven people he has ever worked with, then i think back to 2005 when the LA"s got it together jp was also there .also the fact after leaving the LA"S he then went onto form CAST. talent is sometimes not enough
kenny p

Return to The La's