Way Out versions

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Way Out versions

Postby pissing29 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 pm

After listening to all the versions i still don't think you will hear a better version than the Steve Lillywhite version. What do you think. Nice to hear your response.
pissing29
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Paul » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Janice Long version is decent, but i'd tend to agree. The album version is quicker.
Paul
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:09 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

I think I like the original single version best, just for performance and energy really. It changes a lot though. The Bob Andrews version is class too. The way his vocals and backing vocals blend is quite eerie sounding at times!
Sean
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 am

Re: Way Out versions

Postby eggyroader » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm

i like the ones where lee plays electric. it suits a harder edge. that said I think my fav is live at the picket on the lost la's album. love the drums on that one
eggyroader
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 am

Re: Way Out versions

Postby pissing29 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Paul wrote:Janice Long version is decent, but i'd tend to agree. The album version is quicker.

Yeah that version is top loads of sound and energy. The later version on the bbc sessions is a bit timid.
pissing29
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Silva » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm

The original single version is my fav version.

But i love Bob Andrews' mixes and i can't find his way out version anywhere. Im curious to listen to it. Does anyone have a link?

The la's lost tunes album is blocked in my country so i can't listen to it...
Silva
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Mavers Needs A Wee » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Silva wrote:The original single version is my fav version.

But i love Bob Andrews' mixes and i can't find his way out version anywhere. Im curious to listen to it. Does anyone have a link?

The la's lost tunes album is blocked in my country so i can't listen to it...



https://youtu.be/EtyeDWdz77c

This is it! I have got Lost Tunes so I could send it to ya put it in a Google Drive or something (probably an easier way to do it but I ain't all that much of a tech person lol)
"Life is all a game, you know/Along we came, away we'll go."

You can buy the weird shit I paint at
http://www.el-woodcock.com

Am in a band called The Engines
We're good watch out
Mavers Needs A Wee
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:01 pm
Location: Portsmouth :)

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Silva » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Mavers Needs A Wee wrote:
Silva wrote:The original single version is my fav version.

But i love Bob Andrews' mixes and i can't find his way out version anywhere. Im curious to listen to it. Does anyone have a link?

The la's lost tunes album is blocked in my country so i can't listen to it...



https://youtu.be/EtyeDWdz77c

This is it! I have got Lost Tunes so I could send it to ya put it in a Google Drive or something (probably an easier way to do it but I ain't all that much of a tech person lol)


Thank you, but even the youtube videos are blocked.
Silva
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Mavers Needs A Wee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 pm

Silva wrote:
Mavers Needs A Wee wrote:
Silva wrote:The original single version is my fav version.

But i love Bob Andrews' mixes and i can't find his way out version anywhere. Im curious to listen to it. Does anyone have a link?

The la's lost tunes album is blocked in my country so i can't listen to it...



https://youtu.be/EtyeDWdz77c

This is it! I have got Lost Tunes so I could send it to ya put it in a Google Drive or something (probably an easier way to do it but I ain't all that much of a tech person lol)


Thank you, but even the youtube videos are blocked.


I downloaded the whole lot from somewhere that wasn't youtube ages ago and I can't remember for the life of me where. I don't use any streaming services (except youtube innit) so I've got it and you can have the mp3's off me. Presuming that's a thing that would work lol
"Life is all a game, you know/Along we came, away we'll go."

You can buy the weird shit I paint at
http://www.el-woodcock.com

Am in a band called The Engines
We're good watch out
Mavers Needs A Wee
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:01 pm
Location: Portsmouth :)

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Silva » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 pm

If you could send way out, i'd be grateful.
Silva
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:10 pm

Silva wrote:If you could send way out, i'd be grateful.


lost la's
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:13 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Silva » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 pm

Tony wrote:
Silva wrote:If you could send way out, i'd be grateful.


lost la's


Thank you.

His way out version sounds like a worse version of the original single. Bit disapointing
Silva
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 pm

yeah I don't like it. too slow.

I like the one in the eden sessions that starts off this vid I did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgpj2xxl80

when I Did that Alternative Album, Way Out was the hardest to choose... ended up going with the one off the BBC In Sesh record

there's a good version on the box set with the massive downside that it sounds like the same geet for rhythm AND lead.... bah

The video though. I LOVE when Lee plays to the fella walking past. Looks like the ol Lime St underground bit
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:13 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:42 pm

Anyway this version I think is from forum member Daggsy

Lee, acoustic, way out, Mick Moss sesh
User avatar
Tony
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:13 pm

Re: Way Out versions

Postby Silva » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:47 pm

Tony wrote:yeah I don't like it. too slow.

I like the one in the eden sessions that starts off this vid I did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgpj2xxl80

when I Did that Alternative Album, Way Out was the hardest to choose... ended up going with the one off the BBC In Sesh record

there's a good version on the box set with the massive downside that it sounds like the same geet for rhythm AND lead.... bah

The video though. I LOVE when Lee plays to the fella walking past. Looks like the ol Lime St underground bit


Yeah. I also love the video, especially when he kicks the cymbal. That video captures the la's vibe so well imo. My favorite version is and always will be the Andy Mcdonald mix of the single.
Silva
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 am
Location: Portugal

Next

Return to The La's

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron