The La's getting back together? (2012)

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

The La's getting back together? (2012)

Postby lemonstonedesired » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Just read on Russell pritchard's twitter that The La's are getting back together..

Russell Pritchard‏@RussBassRuss

Forget about the Roses thing, The La's are getting back together
lemonstonedesired

Re: The La's getting back together?

Postby Chief Sailmaker » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Looks like the roses have fallen out again! Prob a wind up tho!
Chief Sailmaker

Postby redlandsman87 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:41 am

I hope it all works out this time! Keeping my fingers crossed.
redlandsman87

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm

lemonstonedesired wrote:Just read on Russell pritchard's twitter that The La's are getting back together..

And who would that be? To be honest, the Roses reunion is far more interesting that what any La's reunion would turn out to be.
Dan

Postby dc1991 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Dan wrote:
lemonstonedesired wrote:Just read on Russell pritchard's twitter that The La's are getting back together..

And who would that be? To be honest, the Roses reunion is far more interesting that what any La's reunion would turn out to be.

Russell Pritchard‏@RussBassRuss is the bass player in The Zutons and is playing bass for Noel Gallagher at the moment
dc1991

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Sorry, I meant who are the La's that are apparently "getting back together", considering Lee is the only constant member of the band!
Dan

Postby eggyroader » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Roses getting back together far more interesting than any La's reunion...??deary me.. the world has gone mad, am I the only one on this forum who just doesnt get the stone roses?..honestly im not trying to start any rows for the sake of it..but apart from i wanna be adored which is ok the stone roses leave me cold.even fools gold,people go on like its amazing..its just a groove with some wah pedal..sends me asleep, but people like them and i respect that.its just opinions and im obviously outnumbered...i can live with that lol!!

BTW Im not slaggin the roses,they deserve alot of respect for getting behind the Justice tonight thing....Man u fans aswell i hear.
eggyroader

Postby Parklands » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Reni a City fan.
Parklands

Postby redlandsman87 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

eggyroader wrote:Roses getting back together far more interesting than any La's reunion...??deary me.. the world has gone mad, am I the only one on this forum who just doesnt get the stone roses?..honestly im not trying to start any rows for the sake of it..but apart from i wanna be adored which is ok the stone roses leave me cold.even fools gold,people go on like its amazing..its just a groove with some wah pedal..sends me asleep, but people like them and i respect that.its just opinions and im obviously outnumbered...i can live with that lol!!

BTW Im not slaggin the roses,they deserve alot of respect for getting behind the Justice tonight thing....Man u fans aswell i hear.

I'm with you on that one, eggy. I do dig Fool's Gold personally, Waterfall, and Sally Cinnamon...but otherwise the Stone Roses don't do much for me. I'm always glad when seminal bands get back together, and Squire is fucking boss on guitar...but I never could dig their "foggy, muddy" style, as I call it! Maybe which is why I don't quite get Shack either.

I'll give them credit where credit is due, they have the attitude and success. I don't hate them, but they never struck any nerves for me.
redlandsman87

Postby Marbled » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:26 pm

dc1991 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Russell Pritchard‏@RussBassRuss is the bass player in The Zutons and is playing bass for Noel Gallagher at the moment

The rumours are out there and one Mancunian musician big back in the day tells that Oasis are reforming for some anniversary gigs and The Smiths too once the Roses hyperbowl has quietened down. So Maybe Russell is joining The La's for a bit, helping out, keeping his pockets lined. Always thought he'd be a better fit for bass than Gary as he's a guitarist, why not use him as one!?

With the Roses reformed, Lee could play a big comeback tour full band and get good money with or without new songs.
Marbled

Postby happening for love » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 pm

There could be something in this, john has not tweeted in weeks, no new interviews or plugging of festivals, bearing in mind john has tweeted weekly for the last 12 months all might not be well in the cast camp, would be great if jp is back with lee
happening for love

Postby Marbled » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

happening for love wrote:There could be something in this, john has not tweeted in weeks, no new interviews or plugging of festivals, bearing in mind john has tweeted weekly for the last 12 months all might not be well in the cast camp, would be great if jp is back with lee

Aha! Good to hear, I love that line of thought!
Marbled

Re: The La's getting back together? (2012)

Postby Marbled » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Lee, John, Cammy and Neil. Come on 2012!
Marbled

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:04 pm

eggyroader wrote:Roses getting back together far more interesting than any La's reunion...??deary me.. the world has gone mad.

Nah, the Roses have been on it since reforming - no one who's ever been in the La's has come close to John Squire, Reni or Mani individually or collectively. Seriously, when was the last time Lee/The La's put on a great show.... 1991? If we can get Lee, Neil, Cammy and Power up on stage together though, that would be something special - not really that arsed seeing Lee play the first album with a bunch of no marks.
Dan

Re: The La's getting back together? (2012)

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:35 pm

ha ha ha ha ha ha , prove me wrong lee!!!!! Please, please please prove me wrong!
plastic scouser

Next

Return to The La's