Some grace & patience..

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Speaking of grace...

Postby da capo » Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 am

has anyone heard from IfIHadAGun recently. Since the forum came back it's been weird to not see him on here. Hope he's doing well and all.
da capo

Re: Some grace & patience..

Postby westyorksla » Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 pm

eggyroader wrote:Thats the La's version of the Rutles right there,thats gotta be done, mavers and the whole la's story are made for it, sum1 do it!!

I'll be right on the case with Innesesque parody of Mavers's catalogue, just as soon as I get my 'Pinky & Perky Sing The Songs Of Nick Drake' project finished... :twisted:
"sounds as raw as a raw fish"
westyorksla

Postby eggyroader » Sat May 26, 2012 2:11 am

ah too bad, id do it me self but im busy with a stones rock opera parody "the dole and stoned"!
eggyroader

Postby eggyroader » Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 am

anyone got any news, any jammin goin on,what happened to lee's finger-are they plannin anythin? whats with the documentary and rehersal vid, things goin a bit boring since we had our wrists slapped fellow la's fans, :| boo hoo!
eggyroader

Postby Syl » Sat May 26, 2012 1:52 pm

eggyroader wrote:since we had our wrists slapped fellow la's fans, :| boo hoo!

What hand slapping? The recent 'chat', in threads, about the various artist(s), had long crossed the line of abuse. You want an open hand about the situation with the band, the music etc.. but then some members also want to basically shit on, from a height, onto the same musicians you're wanting information\music\status\tweets from..

If you're being contacted by the manager of a musician, for all the wrong reasons, that something is upsetting them, then what is wrong with a reminder, that things could be different, that things should be different.

If you're not comfortable with the pace of things here, please feel free to browse elsewhere. You're not shackled to this forum.

Just to add, I'm not immune to recent events. I felt rotten over the New York gig, guilt.. a thread or three about it on the forum, quite possibly encouraging members to pay up for the gig and hotel\plane tickets.

I thought to myself, what is the point of this?

But, [shrug], if that's where we're at, then so be it. I'm quite happy to discuss\mull over past demos, until I fall into my grave\trundle into the crematorium..
Syl
Site Admin

Postby eggyroader » Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm

alright man, fair do's some drink had been taken..
eggyroader

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 am

I'm actually a little surprised Mavers has management, I assumed, for the most part, he would have dealt with that side of things himself. Is that a fairly new development Syl...or was there always a manager in place during the 'quieter' years of The La's history?
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Syl » Thu May 31, 2012 1:02 pm

There is a manager from Sunderland. The scope of that managing, I'm not too aware of, I think live dates, tours etc.

Just to drop something in.. when Joe Davidson and Rob Swerdlow managed, the band had this glorious logo in the corner of their headed paperwork.

Paperwork courtesy of forum member Evo. Thank you.
Syl
Site Admin

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks for the info Syl. It's interesting that they do have a manager...and that, presumably, they keep a relatively close eye on the forum.

That logo's pretty cool - another t-shirt opportunity there. I'm actually a little surprised at how many semi-official logos were kicking about around the time of the album release.
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby gaetano » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:27 am

Syl wrote:Please hold back anything that might put me (or yourself) at risk of libel. That includes medical\psychological assessments

I guess I am the one to blame for that. I'm really sorry, Syl: it's not going to happen again, not ever.
It was out of frustration...From my own point of view, it's a bit understandable after 20 years of waiting: then again, it's my problem, so neither the forum, nor you or anyone else should get trouble for that. Again, sorry.

I'll just say one more thing: I'm not hoping for anything, anymore. As they say in Naples: "chi di speranza vive, disperato muore". (it means: "the ones who live off hope are going to die hopeless")

That was some typically overtly-dramatic Italian shit, wasn't it? Cheers to you all.
gaetano

Hope

Postby da capo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 am

>As they say in Naples: "chi di speranza vive, disperato muore". (it means: "the ones who live off hope are going to die hopeless")

Wow, I guess that means we Obama fans over here in the US are fucked eh?
da capo

Re: Hope

Postby EdM » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

da capo wrote:Wow, I guess that means we Obama fans over here in the US are fucked eh?

Have you heard the demos Obama did in the White House kitchen? Great stuff but I doubt he'll ever finish that second album. :wink:
EdM

Postby digit » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm

gaetano wrote:
Syl wrote:Please hold back anything that might put me (or yourself) at risk of libel. That includes medical\psychological assessments

I guess I am the one to blame for that. I'm really sorry, Syl: it's not going to happen again, not ever.
It was out of frustration...From my own point of view, it's a bit understandable after 20 years of waiting: then again, it's my problem, so neither the forum, nor you or anyone else should get trouble for that. Again, sorry.

I'll just say one more thing: I'm not hoping for anything, anymore. As they say in Naples: "chi di speranza vive, disperato muore". (it means: "the ones who live off hope are going to die hopeless")

That was some typically overtly-dramatic Italian shit, wasn't it? Cheers to you all.

yea and those who live by perfection will die without perfection, ah well who cares, lee is entitled to do whatever the hell he wants.

just a question to throw out there, have any tapes surfaced of the original las album they did with 60s equipment and all that ? i read that lee destroyed the tapes, but usually in internet land something surfaces....
digit

Postby oceanwave25 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 pm

digit wrote:
gaetano wrote:

yea and those who live by perfection will die without perfection, ah well who cares, lee is entitled to do whatever the hell he wants.

just a question to throw out there, have any tapes surfaced of the original las album they did with 60s equipment and all that ? i read that lee destroyed the tapes, but usually in internet land something surfaces....

Wasn't that the Hedges session on the deluxe release of the album?
oceanwave25

Postby eggyroader » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 pm

id love to hear the stuff he done with edgar at rat scabies studio, mid nineties me thinks
eggyroader

PreviousNext

Return to The La's