Some grace & patience..

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Some grace & patience..

Postby Syl » Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Can I ask for a bit more grace and patience, towards each other and the artists being discussed.

The La's has always been a band with large stretches of 'downtime', there's no point stirring the pot about it. It is just an aspect of the band that is there.

The forum isn't an extension of your Facebook 'personality' or a Twitter spin off, it is a *discussion* site, where we are *all* on the same level, with the ability to pick up on and appreciate good music.

Please, if you are unwilling to share information, but still feel compelled to post on the forum to tell others that you know something unmentionable, take it somewhere else. That carry on is really quite tiresome.

---

Please hold back anything that might put me (or yourself) at risk of libel. Just because the forum is, 'online', doesn't mean the site is immune. That includes medical\psychological assessments\allegations of drug use or posts involving other members of a family related to a musician, under eighteen, regardless of what information is visible elsewhere.

---

The forum has been online, as a full forum, for 11 years now. First active on 'ezboard', April 28, 2001.

---

The above has been sent out as a group message to the member list.

The thread is open for discussion. Please keep things civil.
Syl
Site Admin

Re: Some grace & patience..

Postby Winston O'Boogie » Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Fully agree with that Syl. I myself maybe don't contribute so much these days and I am cynical/tired of Mavers these days (although I'd never post my opinions as facts!) but I must admit I've missed reading the board whilst it's been offline! I think maybe we forget why we're all here (me included). The La's and Mavers are special and maybe it's frustration boiling over from some of us? Anyway, skin up yer bastards! :lol:
Say Skin Up Yer Bastards!
Winston O'Boogie

Postby oozeymc » Sat May 05, 2012 6:42 pm

All sensible points and great to have the board back. I've missed it!

Let's hope there's something positive to post about soon.
www.soundcloud.com/samueljweston <-- La's covers here.
oozeymc

Postby kenny » Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Hear hear.
kenny

Postby jacarandas » Sat May 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Full respect to that.

Felt some things on the board were starting to become a bit sour - think this'll give people a kick up the arse!
jacarandas

Postby plastic scouser » Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Ahhh, it's like finding my favourite pair of pants in the bottom of the pant draw that I feared were lost forever. Now once again my bollox can feel toastie and warm again :D
Part of me was missing without it as fustrating as it is sometimes!
Welcome Back, warnings heeded syl

Now what's the latest on the rehearsal video? Any Progress :D :D :D :D :D :D
plastic scouser

Postby The_Midnight_Rambler » Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Ahhhh it's good to have the forum back. The frequency with which I found myself checking to see if it was back up was borderline OCD...and had begun to trouble even myself :shock:
The_Midnight_Rambler

Postby Jonny Magus » Sat May 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Good to see you back Syl. Mr Mavis can be elusive and it's a hard business being a La's fan, but I'll love The La's come rain or shine. I appreciate Syl's hard work over the years for keeping this board alive, many thanks :D
Energy Is Eternal Delight
http://soundcloud.com/the-ace-uk
Jonny Magus

Postby Paul » Sun May 06, 2012 11:29 am

Jonny Magus wrote:Good to see you back Syl. Mr Mavis can be elusive and it's a hard business being a La's fan, but I'll love The La's come rain or shine. I appreciate Syl's hard work over the years for keeping this board alive, many thanks :D

That Mr Mavis really cheeses me off. How dare he want to wait until he is good and ready to release his music? We, the consumer, demand his product yesterday. Not today. Not tomorrow. With songs as good as 'Fishing Rod', 'Human Face', 'When Will I Be You Again?' and, the seminal, 'There She Is', a tour of newies and oldies with his backing band, 'The Lads', would alleviate the desperate boredom of our lives.

In the meantime, I suggest readers check out the work of a certain Mr Lee Mavers. Not quite as a good as Mavis, but in the interim period it'll keep the old noggin ticking over.

8)
Paul

Postby dc1991 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Great to be back on the board :)

hope Lee plays some gigs this year
dc1991

Postby Fester » Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 pm

+ 2,500,000 on all the above.

Keep the Faith !! :D
Fester

Postby kopite1892 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Paul wrote:
Jonny Magus wrote:Good to see you back Syl. Mr Mavis can be elusive and it's a hard business being a La's fan, but I'll love The La's come rain or shine. I appreciate Syl's hard work over the years for keeping this board alive, many thanks :D

That Mr Mavis really cheeses me off. How dare he want to wait until he is good and ready to release his music? We, the consumer, demand his product yesterday. Not today. Not tomorrow. With songs as good as 'Fishing Rod', 'Human Face', 'When Will I Be You Again?' and, the seminal, 'There She Is', a tour of newies and oldies with his backing band, 'The Lads', would alleviate the desperate boredom of our lives.

In the meantime, I suggest readers check out the work of a certain Mr Lee Mavers. Not quite as a good as Mavis, but in the interim period it'll keep the old noggin ticking over.

8)

Song titles are boss. :mrgreen:
kopite1892

Postby Jonny Magus » Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Paul wrote:

8)

:D oops I dropped a major typo, proper made me laugh though, great titles :mrgreen: (just had edit again for another typo :lol: )
Energy Is Eternal Delight
http://soundcloud.com/the-ace-uk
Jonny Magus

Postby eggyroader » Mon May 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Thats the La's version of the Rutles right there,thats gotta be done, mavers and the whole la's story are made for it, sum1 do it!!
eggyroader

Postby hobo_marc » Tue May 08, 2012 10:37 am

Good to see the board back...here's to many more years of wishful thinking
hobo_marc

Next

Return to The La's