Knock Me Down ! (Rehearsal tape)

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: Knock Me Down ! (Rehearsal tape)

Postby Robberman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 pm

As great as it is, what exactly is the purpose of posting this proof of video?

Is he looking for something in return? Is it ever actually gonna surface in full / original quality.

If you're an Oasis fan I could get you some dribbling stuff that might tempt you to share.
Robberman

Postby nobbygrande » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Well i'll be. That is real treat. Love that period of the band. Thank you timeless melody. Please find it in you to share this with the La's fans. This is very special. Will you tell me if they do "over" in the full video??

Amazing. Again, thank you.
nobbygrande

Postby James » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Looks ace... probably one of Lee's most enjoyable periods of the band... early doors, freshly signed... money coming in... probably only the initial stages of studio/outsider 'interference' problems... all looks rosy...

Always loved 'Knock Me Down'... proper bluesey yet has a sort of bouncy/jaunty carefree jangle to it which give the 'down and out hobo' style lyrics a mad comedic feel...

Didn't Lee say the instrumental breakdown bit midway through is probably as close as they got to capturing what he was after in an actual studio sound for the band? Genius...
James

Postby govanspoonful » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Fresh....... Young.....exciting......Cool as the summer breeze.....

Ok that's enough cool and the gang... 8)

Man I'd love to see the complete tape in good quality......
govanspoonful

Postby eggyroader » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

great a clip of tm filmed on a computer with a phone,we gonna get i cant sleep feb 2013? wat a joke just put the whole thing up properly, i know im a miserable bastard, but all the pallaver over it and everyone saying wow! amazing! am i the only one a bit dissapointed? that said ill thank ya timeless
eggyroader

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Robberman wrote:As great as it is, what exactly is the purpose of posting this proof of video?

Is he looking for something in return? Is it ever actually gonna surface in full / original quality.

Timelessmelody sent me this link a few hours before this was posted, in case I wanted to see the video in person. Which I do, but I'm busy lately, new job and all that, so it's not on the cards for a bit. It is proof it exists though!

I haven't heard off him since. I thanked him for sharing that, because it is a good find! I don't know of any future plans to do with it. I don't even know if he meant for it to be found on Youtube :shock:

Let's not turn this thread into the past 2 locked threads though . . watch, give your tuppence on it, and move on ;)
Tony

Postby IfIHadAGun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 pm

sounds mega. Might be the same tape that had the 'stable version' of Over.
http://rockndolestar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... eller.html (La's interviews)
http://vimeo.com/user2266034/videos (Live @ Manchester, Amsterdam & Liverpool videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzZdY0flSM (L'pool Music Documentary)
IfIHadAGun

Postby Tibinice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm

boss!
Film everyone in sight
Tibinice

Postby timelessmelody » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 am

timelessmelody

Postby timelessmelody » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 am

Be patient! Trying to sort something with Tony! Not after attention, just as previously stated, was ripped off by a knob on here with Eden sessions tape! I'm no computer kid in the slightest so until sorted with Tony thought I'd do a top quality iPhone copy and upload to YouTube! Spielberg is trying to get me involved in filming some more star wars films!!
Roughly what's on the vid;
Knock me down, I can't sleep, failure, timeless melody, feelin, come in come out, nursery rhyme intro leading to looking glass, feelin finished off with a mad jammin session an timmo going nuts on drums, jumping jack flash, callin all, liberty ship, jamming nursery rhymes again, son of a gun, 
timelessmelody

Postby eggyroader » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 am

lee likes his danelectro's,man of me own heart, nah thats sound timeless,know wat ya sayin about all the tech stuff fair do's,keep 'em comin la
eggyroader

Postby Marbled » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 am

Cheers Mr Melody, that is some VHS you have there, appreciated x
Marbled

Postby IfIHadAGun » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:37 pm

boss stuff Timeless, cheers la!

It's a Danelectro copy anyway, Lee hates that guitar, it was Paul Hemmings' guitar and it's in the museum at the moment.
http://rockndolestar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... eller.html (La's interviews)
http://vimeo.com/user2266034/videos (Live @ Manchester, Amsterdam & Liverpool videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzZdY0flSM (L'pool Music Documentary)
IfIHadAGun

Postby Robberman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 pm

timelessmelody wrote:Be patient! Trying to sort something with Tony! Not after attention, just as previously stated, was ripped off by a knob on here with Eden sessions tape! I'm no computer kid in the slightest so until sorted with Tony thought I'd do a top quality iPhone copy and upload to YouTube! Spielberg is trying to get me involved in filming some more star wars films!!
Roughly what's on the vid;
Knock me down, I can't sleep, failure, timeless melody, feelin, come in come out, nursery rhyme intro leading to looking glass, feelin finished off with a mad jammin session an timmo going nuts on drums, jumping jack flash, callin all, liberty ship, jamming nursery rhymes again, son of a gun, 

Are you going to let this get put up for everybody then in proper quality? I understand the time and effort and appreciate it, I just meant I hope you weren't doing all this if it was just going to stay private, but if you're doing it so we can all have a dvd transfer of it then thats absolutely brilliant mate! :mrgreen:

What happened with the Eden tape anyway?
Robberman

Postby Syl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Robberman wrote:What happened with the Eden tape anyway?

Please, to various members, let me pre-empt any grief and/or thread soiling.. bury the fucking hatchet already.
Syl
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The La's