CANCELLED: New York Sound City gig - March 2012

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: CANCELLED: New York Sound City gig - March 2012

Postby redlandsman87 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

If timelessmelody isn't Lee by god
Shoot me down in this shotgun town
Riddle me verses, a melodic lost chorus
A bridge over calm water to lean myself on
In the middle of eight of clock as the sun it falls downs
A rack-a-rum rhythm is rattlin' by bones
Leave it to a crazy mind who knows all too well
To find shocking revelations in wires unstrung
In a tune lost in flack long ago come undone
A man without shock is a man come unplugged
Last edited by redlandsman87 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redlandsman87

Postby Fester » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Relandsman you sir are a fcuking genius :o
Fester

Postby redlandsman87 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I've never noticed.

I dunno probably just the breakfast tooka-kanooie talking, but damn it all if he just doesn't give that vibe. Fizzle fozzle boom bang, and all that jazz. Two hours time and I'll probably think I'm a kook for thinking such.
redlandsman87

Postby gaetano » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm

timelessmelody wrote:On a lighter note, it has made me more determined to get the rehearsal online, mate of a mate is working on the DVD copy I got done, making it a better quality!

Now you're talking!
See, we're all La'saholics Anonymous here: a small circle of people addicted to a wildly potent drug whose scarcity has become the stuff of legend. The golden peyote at the end of the rainbow!

If you shared that video, well...that would be a good dose of methadone. Let's help each other on our dependency...
Last edited by gaetano on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaetano

Postby gaetano » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm

redlandsman87 wrote:If timelessmelody isn't Lee by god
Shoot me down in this shotgun town
Riddle me verses, a melodic lost chorus
A bridge over calm water to lean myself on
In the middle of eight of clock as the sun it falls downs
A rack-a-rum rhythm is rattlin' by bones
Leave it to a crazy mind who knows all too well
To find shocking revelations in wires unstrung
In a tune lost in flack long ago come undone
A man without shock is a man come unplugged

This is good poetry. If you don't mind, I would like to try and write a song using those lyrics.
gaetano

Postby redlandsman87 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 am

All yours, have at it.
redlandsman87

Postby kenny » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Ok, it's a shame they've cancelled and yes we did know it might not happen, but give the man the benefit of the doubt for flip's sake. I just hope he doesn't get to hear of the negative comments and it doesn't put him off his current plans.
kenny

Postby GwladysStreet91 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 pm

kenny wrote:Ok, it's a shame they've cancelled and yes we did know it might not happen, but give the man the benefit of the doubt for flip's sake. I just hope he doesn't get to hear of the negative comments and it doesn't put him off his current plans.

Why is he above criticism? I hope he does read the negative comments, kissing his arse is obviously not working to get his act together is it?

I hope more than anything that he comes back with new tunes and blows everyone away but its seeming less and less likely. :(
GwladysStreet91

Postby Dan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Do you really think he's that thin skinned? Even if Lee gets gigging again with a full band, do you really think it will lead to anything though? The day Lee gets on a stage and starts playing proper new songs (not some half arsed jam like Gimme The Blues) I will eat my then soiled underpants.... I reckon I'm pretty safe though! When after 20 odd years, you still "can't get the sound right man", you know there's something not quite right there.
Dan

Postby jammyc77 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 am

"Gimme the blues" is fucking brill man! i love it. That ain't some half-arsed jam at all, love to see you put that together! :wink:
jammyc77

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 am

jammyc77 wrote:"Gimme the blues" is fucking brill man! i love it. That ain't some half-arsed jam at all, love to see you put that together! :wink:

C'mon it was hardly a fully formed finished song is it? For you and me that would be impossible to write, for Lee is can be written between turds first thing in the morning! :shock:
plastic scouser

Postby Chief Sailmaker » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am

its all a load of nonsense this....he's never gunna do it....he just HAS to do these little shit gigs everywhere for the sake of his myth...just the odd gig every now and then to he's seen as kinda active...i hate to say it but he's nothing now! Just one arrogant man who dont give a fuck about his fans because if he did he would address us and tell us what the hells going on! Fuck him....im only coming back to this board for the comedy value now! Makes me laugh how much people hold onto something that isnt there!
Chief Sailmaker

Postby kenny » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 am

I'm not saying he's above criticism at all, and it may well be a dodgy excuse, but it's a fact he's knackered his hand and therefore if it's true it's a valid reason.
kenny

Postby smurf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 pm

I think the arrogance and not giving a fuck has always been there but what does that count for when the fire in his belly so evident on Timeless Melody`s video has long since been doused. The existence of clips like this and other bits and bobs that may pop up from their heyday is what makes me look at this page. I threw in the towel with The La`s after the stripped back Liverpool gig. :(
smurf

Postby jammyc77 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:08 pm

I do see "Gimme the blues" as being the finished product yea. It was a progression from his early stuff, "Son of a gun" etc which was all about rhythm playing on the guitar by lee. Where as "Gimme the blues" is supposed to be loose, with riffs etc! it ain't possible to keep writing the same kinda song "son of a gun" etc when your playing develop's and get's better. But i bet every riff in them video's there are of the track, are meant to be there! an for me it's brilliant an groovy. Just hope he show's that class on an album one last time :)
jammyc77

PreviousNext

Return to The La's