An Evening with Lee & Gary

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: An Evening with Lee & Gary

Postby Son Of A Gun » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:21 pm

IfIHadAGun wrote: I've had a different look at what I've posted and I'll keep anything else to myself from now on, best for the band and so. All the best la.

Don't shoot the messenger! Keep up the good work Chris, for a lot of us on here you're keeping the buzz going.
Son Of A Gun

Postby barnafin95 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 pm

IfIHadAGun wrote:I've had a different look at what I've posted and I'll keep anything else to myself from now on, best for the band and so.

Just read through this entire thread and your blog, wanted to say thanks so much for everything you've posted. Really sorry to hear that, but I guess it's up to you at the end of the day and I'm sure you have valid reasons :(
Also, hope your treatment is going well and you're back to full health soon mate!
barnafin95

Postby Tibinice » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 pm

will_law25 wrote:Jasper (who can't do it)

pissing myself laughing :lol:
Film everyone in sight
Tibinice

Postby IfIHadAGun » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Tibinice wrote:
will_law25 wrote:Jasper (who can't do it)

pissing myself laughing :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBGbXIuMSKk :wink:
http://rockndolestar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... eller.html (La's interviews)
http://vimeo.com/user2266034/videos (Live @ Manchester, Amsterdam & Liverpool videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzZdY0flSM (L'pool Music Documentary)
IfIHadAGun

Postby Marbled » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:16 pm

IfIHadAGun wrote:The line-up (which is not concrete at all - still auditioning) is a secret I could easily leak, builds more mystique. I've heard from more than one source from both within the band and from outside the band, people who have contacted me since hearing what I know with the same info, so I'm not alone in knowing, it's also more not getting the hopes up of fans and then them having a go at me/the band, or being disappointed if it doesn't materialise, whereas if I'd have said nothing nobody would have been none the wiser.

Whenever I've said anything it's more to "stick up" for the band, a lot of people I've spoken to, on here, privately and out in public or whatever, think Lee's going to disappear now or more 'stripped back' sets, which seemed to have disappointed a few people and that there's a lack of activity. I've had a different look at what I've posted and I'll keep anything else to myself from now on, best for the band and so. All the best la.

Yet I thought you'd implied it was your dream line up? Though it now is still all auditioning?!? Er, ok.

It builds mystique to tease who's in the new line up when it hasn't been decided yet?! So do you or do you not know the full new line up like you implied you do? Who's your source for these people telling you this? You asked someone else the same question?

The community is always up and down on Lee with releases, tours and stripped down etc.. those people are still here as they are major fans of The La's, some have gone, due to other personal reasons. It's the nature of a forum, and this is the only forum I use as I love the characters in the community and greatly Lee Mavers.

Also all the best to Forum users, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year, maybe see some of you at a gig in the New Year.

old man and over and out.

Looking forward to your 'actual' news La's forum emails Syl and Tony.
Marbled

Postby IfIHadAGun » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't want to argue la, and cause distress on here, we're all La's fans in this together.

It must have been put across wrong then, I did say it was early days and it looked like it could happen. That's not concrete that there is a line-up in place or who is in it. I can't be arsed going in circles of "you said this, I said that, this was implied, mythical, scouse psychobabble"

I'll keep what I know to myself as it's bothering you an awful lot - and possibly other members of the forum - and you posted here long before I did.
http://vimeo.com/user2266034/videos (Live @ Manchester, Amsterdam & Liverpool videos)
IfIHadAGun

Postby antoine010891 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Your contribution has been magnificent in my opinion. Keeps me and many of us excited, and this time it feels real.

My perfect line up is the 91 line up, but doubt it could happen. Neil on drums would be nice, i agree jasper is dreadful, bless him. Suppose anyone could guess though, only lee is a certainty!
antoine010891

Postby Chief Sailmaker » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 pm

antoine010891 wrote:Your contribution has been magnificent in my opinion. Keeps me and many of us excited, and this time it feels real.

My perfect line up is the 91 line up, but doubt it could happen. Neil on drums would be nice, i agree jasper is dreadful, bless him. Suppose anyone could guess though, only lee is a certainty!

Amen to that...tell him to fuck off if he dont like it! Cant be doing with people getting all ratty like your fucking owed some kind of explanation as to whats going on!
Ifihadagun I think your contributions are spot on as do the majority of this forum! keep em coming!

Peace
Chief Sailmaker

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:27 am

Chief Sailmaker wrote:
antoine010891 wrote:Your contribution has been magnificent in my opinion. Keeps me and many of us excited, and this time it feels real.

Amen to that...tell him to fuck off if he dont like it! Cant be doing with people getting all ratty like your fucking owed some kind of explanation as to whats going on!
Ifihadagun I think your contributions are spot on as do the majority of this forum! keep em coming!

Peace

I 3rd that! Keep on posting however/whenever/whatever you like mate, if there's a problem it's up to Syl and Tony to address!I would much rather read speculation than nothing new. Exciting times these and most of that has been your own personal contributions.
plastic scouser

Postby jammyc77 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:53 am

Wtf, can't believe Chris has been pulled apart for keeping the dream alive! n making me an other's happy with his update's. Your on the right path chris, so keep walking it. :wink:
jammyc77

Postby kenny » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 am

Yeah, please keep posting as you were Chris - it's needed mate.
kenny

Postby dc1991 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Keep on posting Chris, your posts have made the borad more existing. Keeps me and im sure other members checking daily on here :D
dc1991

Postby IfIHadAGun » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 pm

cheers for that la's - I'm gonna think twice about sharing the odd golden nugget that gets thrown my way. Don't want to come across as "I know this, I know that..."

glad I could put a smile on the odd La's fan's face, it's been a hard 7 years following them, but I know people on here have been following them for twice as long!
IfIHadAGun

Postby nobbygrande » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:48 pm

F*ck the begrudgers Chris, if Lee and Gary were happy to have to you round then they obviously feel they can trust you.
What the other poster's problems are i have no idea, seems a bit like jealousy. Jesus, the only positive La's news in years comes from you. Please don't let the negative posts affect you. Well done for doing something you believe in and there is no doubt that all of this can be seen as nothing but positive.
You have been nothing but respectful to all concerned here Chris, not like you are telling tales. FFS you have been accepted into the fold it seems. Keep it up mate. Only wish i was there meself. Take care lad.
nobbygrande

Postby Syl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Marbled wrote:Looking forward to your 'actual' news La's forum emails Syl and Tony.

Ooh, you're punching a bit close to the Everlast logo with that one Marck, Chris is half my age and lives in the Liverpool area.. and has a thirst for the local scene. I'm over in Dublin. You have to go out and 'get news', which I'm not really in a position to do, attend gigs etc..

Let's all group hug.
Syl
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The La's