Stone Roses to Reform!

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby IfIHadAGun » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm

there was some anger at those gigs being before the Heaton Park dates...at least they'll iron some creases out.
http://rockndolestar.blogspot.com/2011/ ... eller.html (La's interviews)
http://vimeo.com/user2266034/videos (Live @ Manchester, Amsterdam & Liverpool videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzZdY0flSM (L'pool Music Documentary)
User avatar
IfIHadAGun
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby kenny » Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Wish i was in Warrington, oh well, gutted, roll on Barca...
User avatar
kenny
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby Marbled » Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Setlist thanks to John Robb tweeting the gig.

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. Mersey Paradise
3. Sally Cinnamon
4. Made Of Stone
5. Sugar Spun Sister
6. Standing Here
7. Shoot You Down
8. Tightrope
9. Waterfall
10 She Bangs The Drums
11. Love Spreads

Wow.
Marbled
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:53 am

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby mead170375 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 am

Image
User avatar
mead170375
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 am

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby da capo » Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 am

What the world is waiting for... :D
User avatar
da capo
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 2:50 am
Location: USA

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby da capo » Thu May 24, 2012 7:02 am

Just wanted to add:

How class are the Roses? For the launch of the Second Coming, the first interview goes to the Big Issue and for the current tour it starts in Warrington with a free show for anyone who has a Roses album under their arm. A bit like this bloke:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... verpool-gp

Music is the medicine, glad to see them back on the case.
User avatar
da capo
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 2:50 am
Location: USA

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby Dan » Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Managed to get a wristband! The gig was phenomenal, amazing to see all 4 of them on stage together for the first time since 1990!
Dan
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: England

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby Parklands » Thu May 24, 2012 4:14 pm

You lucky man, Dan!! Was therir sound different in any way? Heavier or funkier? (Cant think of any more adjectives)
Parklands
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby emptymilkbottles » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Marbled wrote:Setlist thanks to John Robb tweeting the gig.

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. Mersey Paradise
3. Sally Cinnamon
4. Made Of Stone
5. Sugar Spun Sister
6. Standing Here
7. Shoot You Down
8. Tightrope
9. Waterfall
10 She Bangs The Drums
11. Love Spreads

Wow.


It was actually Where Angels Play, not Standing Here - Robb got them confused somehow!

Here's a bootleg, btw:

http://soundcloud.com/byebyebadman-1/th ... warrington
"I don't believe in first or best or worst; I'm into liberty and verse"
emptymilkbottles
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: London

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby Dan » Fri May 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Parklands wrote:You lucky man, Dan!! Was therir sound different in any way? Heavier or funkier? (Cant think of any more adjectives)


The sound was a lot closer to first album period rather than Second Coming tour, as you might imagine. It was really amazing to see their first comback show and seeing Reni up there playing drums, who I must say played quite a few fills you'd never have expected him to. He was wearing one of those head/face microphone things that they wear at Burger King! :lol: Gonna be interesting to see what they play at the full shows, particularly Second Coming wise!
Dan
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: England

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby Parklands » Sun May 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Nice one, D
Parklands
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby omame » Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

Gonna take over a ticket for Amsterdam!
Half price, from someone who bought the thcket but turned out not to be able to go.
Anybody going there?
...that's the light at the end of the tunnel...
User avatar
omame
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby mead170375 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

emptymilkbottles wrote:
Marbled wrote:Setlist thanks to John Robb tweeting the gig.

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. Mersey Paradise
3. Sally Cinnamon
4. Made Of Stone
5. Sugar Spun Sister
6. Standing Here
7. Shoot You Down
8. Tightrope
9. Waterfall
10 She Bangs The Drums
11. Love Spreads

Wow.


It was actually Where Angels Play, not Standing Here - Robb got them confused somehow!

Here's a bootleg, btw:

http://soundcloud.com/byebyebadman-1/th ... warrington


Mp3's of the gig are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8djpx0rh147 ... May%202012
User avatar
mead170375
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 am

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby w1lko » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm

i'm trying to sell 4 tickets to the roses barcelona gig at razzmatazz this friday (june 8th) - anyone want them? £35 each, i live in london and am happy to meet you in person to hand over. all totally kosher - originally bought them for a work trip which i now can't go on. really dont wanna lose out on loads of money so if you know anyone who may be interested please let them know to get in touch. i've got pics etc if you want 'em
w1lko
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: Falmouth & London

Re: Stone Roses to Reform!

Postby LookingGlass » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm

w1lko wrote:i'm trying to sell 4 tickets to the roses barcelona gig at razzmatazz this friday (june 8th) - anyone want them? £35 each, i live in london and am happy to meet you in person to hand over. all totally kosher - originally bought them for a work trip which i now can't go on. really dont wanna lose out on loads of money so if you know anyone who may be interested please let them know to get in touch. i've got pics etc if you want 'em


If you're on Twitter I'll retweet a message same as above if there is one. Have hardly any followers but messages spread quickly on there.
User avatar
LookingGlass
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:39 am
Location: The Lizard, Cornwall

PreviousNext

Return to The La's

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron