Aviator - Huxley Pig Part 2

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Aviator - Huxley Pig Part 2

Postby NSNO » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:36 am

Heared Pete Wilkinson and Paul Hemmings play an acoustic set on BBC Introducing (Dave Monks' show) on Radio Merseyside a couple of weeks back and I was quite impressed.

I've been listening to some of their stuff on YouTube and MySpace and it looks like the 2nd album is coming out in 2011 (probably after the Cast one is recorded).

I'm gonna get round to purchasing Huxley Pig 1 soon, and then Part 2 when that comes out. Anyone else keen on the Aviator stuff?
NSNO

Re: Aviator - Huxley Pig Part 2

Postby Dan » Wed May 16, 2012 10:55 pm

New album is out in July on Viper.

http://www.the-viper-label.co.uk/releases/085/085.html

I really liked the debut, but it suffered a bit from the production and the vocals being really buried for no reason! By The By, which he's had up for years on MySpace and is on the new album is great.... better than anything on the new Cast album I reckon. Hoping Peter will do some gigs this time to promote it.
Dan

Postby da capo » Thu May 17, 2012 2:48 am

One of the lads from the shacknews forum gave me an iTunes gift card awhile back and I nearly got this. Interested in hearing the newest one.
da capo

Postby Parklands » Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 am

Will huxley pig II be the third album by Aviator? It will be released in July, wont it? Or is it the second?

What would you recommend I buy first?
Parklands

Postby Dan » Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm

He's only done the one album.... this'll be the second. Huxley Pig Part 1 came out just under 10 years ago... I remember Cliff Sayer (who I think does the artwork or something? Not sure) saying the follow up was coming out in 2007, and even that was from it being delayed from a few years before!

Skin's Men From Mars album is also worth checking out. Download only from http://www.menfrommars.bandcamp.com (you can also stream it for free on there), which is quite similar to the work he did with Robert Plant on Mighty ReArranger.
Dan

Postby Parklands » Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 am

Nice one, Dan. have bought part 1. Got confused as there are two albums for sale on i-tunes. One is called Huxley Pig and the other Huxley Pig part 1.

Really likin' it so far.
Parklands

Postby kenny p » Thu May 24, 2012 9:12 pm

getting released on 2nd july cd an download
kenny p

Postby Parklands » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Is the new album out? Anyone heard it?
Parklands

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Yep, came out a couple of weeks ago. To be honest it's not really grabbed me so far, but I haven't had much time to listen to it yet. I have to comment on the brilliant mix of By The By having been replaced by a new mega trebly mix with no drive! Who mixes Petere's stuff I wonder? As with the first album, decent songs are let down by the tinny sound and too much reverb on the vox.
Dan

Return to The La's