Something for the Shack fans in the house

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: Something for the Shack fans in the house

Postby Khris » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:30 am

James wrote:I read somewhere that Pete Wilkinson had gone a bit 'mental' on Facebook saying he and the rest of the Shack lads were mortified that the tape had been shared (I think it was by their manager at the time 'Mr Moondog' who posts on Shacknet, in all good faith) as they'd never wanted it to come out like that...

I despise exclusivity. It pisses me off royally. How can they release this material to only 100 people without, effectively, putting two fingers up to everyone else who enjoys their music, has bought their records and paid to see them live? Answer: they can't.

They either release the material to everybody or nobody. It's not a million miles off that Record Store Day nonsense (biggest pile of turd ever). "Let's put something out in such a limited quantity that we create a demand that cannot be sated (unless people pay an unfeasibly large sum of money or spread the music themseleves for free)".

Thanks to all who have made this music available to everyone (not Pete Wilkinson et al). Pity it took someone not linked to the band to do the right thing.
Khris

Postby markmc87 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Khris wrote:
James wrote:I read somewhere that Pete Wilkinson had gone a bit 'mental' on Facebook saying he and the rest of the Shack lads were mortified that the tape had been shared (I think it was by their manager at the time 'Mr Moondog' who posts on Shacknet, in all good faith) as they'd never wanted it to come out like that...

They either release the material to everybody or nobody.

I think that's what James meant ie Pete would rather it wasn't shared at all. I was one of the 100 that got the invite, not sure whether I'd have posted it so publically (would easily have shared via PM on request) but having thought about it now I agree with you Khris, if I hadn't been lucky then I'd have been royally pis$ed off :)
markmc87

Postby DrKarrot » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:22 pm

My apologies for bumping such an old thread, especially on my first post, but I have been entirely unable to track down a download of this tape. All the above links are toast. If anyone still has the zip or mp3 and wouldn't mind uploading them, I'd be ever thankful. If its any incentive, I can throw you a bone via PayPal for the hard work.
DrKarrot

Postby Khris » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:27 pm

DrKarrot wrote:My apologies for bumping such an old thread, especially on my first post, but I have been entirely unable to track down a download of this tape. All the above links are toast. If anyone still has the zip or mp3 and wouldn't mind uploading them, I'd be ever thankful. If its any incentive, I can throw you a bone via PayPal for the hard work.

I'm fairly sure that will_law25's oboom link is still in operation.
Khris

Previous

Return to The La's