Poll about the Kitchen tape tracks

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Best Kitchen song?

When Will I See You Again?
4%
Our Time
19%
Robberman
4%
She Came Down
4%
Fishing Net
23%
It's Not Impossible
8%
Tears in the Rain
30%
I Am the Key
6%
Go Go Daddy
4%

Total votes : 53

Re: Poll about the Kitchen tape tracks

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 am

I thought you were partial to Go Go Daddy, Syl? :D
Tony

Postby Syl » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I am, but if that song were a tyre, it would be bald by now..
Syl
Site Admin

Postby antoine010891 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Fishing Net.

Though, I love Tears In Rain for it's sheer magic, it's a worryingly good song. But Fishing Net has been one of my favourite La's songs for a long time, even thought this is probably the most incomplete of all versions out there (my personal favourite probably being Nottingham Poly), it just shows that you don't need loads of clever words to make a great pop song, the music is amazing, don't think i will ever get enough of it, does so much fo me. Also, Lee has always said how the words are just words that fit the melody, even if that is the case he somehow makes them mean something and tell a story despite how irrelevant he may see them.
antoine010891

Postby Kev » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Tony wrote:I thought you were partial to Go Go Daddy, Syl? :D

It's got no votes. haha
Kev

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

anyone attempted any cover versions of these yet???? Would love to hear what people have done. Started trying to edit the all the parts of the songs together to make as near "complete" versions as possible but never really got that far. The couple of version of tears in the rain edit together really nicely
plastic scouser

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:06 pm

ive gone for our time 8)
Lord Nash Gentleman

Postby Tarzan Undies » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 pm

plastic scouser wrote:anyone attempted any cover versions of these yet???? Would love to hear what people have done. Started trying to edit the all the parts of the songs together to make as near "complete" versions as possible but never really got that far. The couple of version of tears in the rain edit together really nicely

as there's no copyrights to get in the way why doesn't someone get a band together and release the album? If the right bunch of fans got together and did it, it would be an interesting project.
Tarzan Undies

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 pm

There are copyrights asserted by just writing a song, and if it wasn't just a free download people would (rightly IMO) shit on it for trying to cash-in on Mavers' work, because he obviously doesn't want to share these magnificient songs, and as selfish and fucked-up as that is, it's entirely his right

if it was free? Whatever. I'd personally see it as ignoble if it was some kind of super-organised project because it would feel . . .off, to have a group of random people with no connection to the artist try to "finish" someone else's work, it depends entirely on the approach the project took. But the odd cover up for download would be fine. Hell I'd even contribute myself!
Tony

Postby plastic scouser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

I Like that idea. It would be like the "Holy Man" new finished version on the Dennis Wilson deluxe cd?? The guy who engineered it with him finished the lyrics and recording and the drummer out of foo fighters sang it.
I've been working on some stuff with a mate over the internet and we set up a hotmail account, both have the username and password. Then we dropped audio files into the "sky drive" with 4 audio clicks at the front to sync with the other tracks. We both then uploaded them to our sequencers independently. That seems to work unless someone has a better idea
plastic scouser

Postby da capo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 am

I'd be up for doing backing vocals or a bit of bass work for this.
da capo

Postby Johan Cruyff » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Anybody know where you can pick up a cheap pair of bongos?
Johan Cruyff

Postby Silva » Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 am

Our time... Our TIME
Silva

Previous

Return to The La's