Barry Sutton - Fabian Rothschilde

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Barry Sutton - Fabian Rothschilde

Postby The_Medicine_Man » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:47 pm

Alright,
My band supported Barry Suttons band Mirrorball (http://www.myspace.com/mirrorballfc) on sunday at DeBees Music Bar. A very strange character indeed. Theres also a guy from Starsailor and another guy from another band. Ive not heard anything on here about them so i thought i would stick a link up to see what you all thought. They werent my cup of tea pretty boring to be honest.
The_Medicine_Man

Postby rokford black » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:35 pm

Been after some info fer ages! cheers. The tunes on there myspace sound quite good! :) when are they playin the pool?
rokford black

Postby lasersafari » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:29 am

I think it sounds great personally. thanks!
Throw your spear through me....
lasersafari

Postby Syl » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:37 pm

RaymondVanBarneveld wrote:How long was he in the la's for? He does a little set in Hotel California in Birkenhead, knocked out Son of a gun and calling all last week I hear. Think I'll check it out on saturday. Is he currently in a decent band?
Syl
Site Admin

Postby allyrobbo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:54 pm

rokford black wrote:Been after some info fer ages! cheers. The tunes on there myspace sound quite good! :) when are they playin the pool?

Sez theyre playing the Zanzibar on 8th July. Gutted, was gona come back home for a bit to see em but thats when im on holiday :cry:
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby Neil83 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:02 pm

RaymondVanBarneveld wrote:How long was he in the la's for? He does a little set in Hotel California in Birkenhead, knocked out Son of a gun and calling all last week I hear. Think I'll check it out on saturday. Is he currently in a decent band?

He replaced Boo in Summer '88 and left after the Hedges sessions in late-Summer '89. He then briefly returned filling in for Cammy on the Spring '91 European dates.
Neil83

Postby James » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Worth pointing out he was bizarrely nabbed to join the La's from the Walkingseeds (a kind of doomy scouse punk-stoner-heavy-rock-meets-psychedelic band), who made one of Kurt Cobain's ''favourite singles of all time'' with their nicely titled 'Skullfuck'... In fact, didn't Sutton once lend Cobain's guitar on a tour date in Germany when the Walkingseeds were drafted in to support Nirvana just prior to Nevermind??? Mad eh!?!?

After the La's he was often 2nd guitarist with the Stairs (as credited with a thank you on the 'Mexican R'N'B' sleeve, which shows him jamming with the boys at Sefton Park)... when not gigging in his band Froth, and in the mid to late 90's also did Kung Fu (a revolving door line up psychedelic band)... there aint much of their stuff kicking about (a few demos), but its pretty mad stuff...

Mirrorball seem good lads, they're after gigs all over the country so give em a shout on their Myspace...
James

Postby allyrobbo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Great tunes, tried to download them but it says file not found as file names and is only about 6kb, sort it out lads!! :oops:
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby ROBINHOOD » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:19 pm

also played on the smaller album badly badly,forget the track now..has a thank you on the inner sleeve!!
ROBINHOOD

Postby Rod Cow » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:56 pm

James wrote:Sutton,after the La's was often 2nd guitarist with the Stairs (as credited with a thank you on the 'Mexican R'N'B' sleeve, which shows him jamming with the boys at Sefton Park)... when not gigging in his band Froth, and in the mid to late 90's also did Kung Fu (a revolving door line up psychedelic band)... there aint much of their stuff kicking about (a few demos), but its pretty mad stuff...

Yeh,there's also a 'shrine' dedicated to Barry (similar to the 'Gedney' cicular one) both on the inner sleeve of Mex RnB if memory serves me well.

I wondered where those outdoor photos of the Stairs on the inner sleeve were from (I imagined they had played some kind of festival,somewhere) but Sefton Pk seems much more like it.

Cheers for the info James,
Paul
Rod Cow

Postby James » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Didn't Power consider Sutton for (The) Cast as well, I think some of their first gigs were as early as late 92 with The Stairs at the 'larks in the park' Sefton Park gigs, there's an NME cutting from late 92 confirming 'The Cast' and a nice photo of the Stairs perched on a kids climbing frame...
James

Postby RaymondVanBarneveld » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:14 pm

Barry told my mate that he was in Cast for about a week! he wasn't too complimentary about cast i don't think.
I might go and see him for myself on saturday
RaymondVanBarneveld

Postby englebert » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:56 am

I filmed Mirrorball at De Bees Music Bar. You can watch the video here:

http://www.absolutemediadesign.co.uk/Mi ... 0page.html

They were brilliant!
englebert

Postby allyrobbo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:50 am

Boss vids mate, nice one.
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby englebert » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:12 am

allyrobbo wrote:Boss vids mate, nice one.

Thanks. They're an ace band!
englebert

Next

Return to The La's