Neuklon pics (more to be added on the basis of finding more)

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Postby wmh » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:51 pm

Great, well done mate! One pic shows us outside the big doors at the side of St George's Hall, with some members climbing up the door frame. I'm the one wearing a pale jacket (I think I'm on the right of the photo - although it's been some years since I've seen that one!). I think the accompanying article mentioned our impending trip down to London to play a gig at the Moonlight club - layed on for record companies to get a gander of us). We went down there with another Liverpool band - 3D-a-fish-in-sea (another good band at the time).
Some of the band went down to London on the train (Lee, Timmo and me) while your dad and a few others opted to go down with the gear in a van! Hey, for what it's worth, your dad was one of the best song writers around during the early '80's music scene, with a very creative imagination when it came to 'orchestrating' his songs - plus, songs like 'Schizophrenic' and 'Clones in Drag' could and should have made it with the best! Cheers, Mark
wmh

Postby geoff g » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 pm

Oh my god… here's me head me arse is followin :lol: :lol:
geoff g

Re: here they are...full size!

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:19 pm

cheers for the pics mke :D
Lord Nash Gentleman

Postby Andy_M » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:19 pm

Top Pics, keep em coming. :)
Andy_M

Re: pics i got done last week...enjoy!

Postby wmh » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:43 pm

Hi! That's me on the left (with the 'ears'!) in photo No.6 - playing an early series Ibanez (which got knicked from the Cells practice rooms - that used to be at the back of the Hollywood Club at the bottom of Duke Street. Frankie Goes to hollywood used to practice in the 'cell' next door to us at the time and this is probably where they got their group name from).

Cheers, PS would love a copy of that CD mate! How do I send a mail privately (Sylvain please help?!)
wmh

Postby wmh » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi. Sorry, I can't remember who's article it was but Peter Trollop did alot of the groundwork in those days. It might be worth trying to contact Craig Charles (Robot Wars and Red Dwarf TV presenter) as he would have a good idea. He rehearsed in the same places as us and mingled with us in Cafe's etc plus was always in the Echo himself at the time - he was a local poet doing gig's and used to come and borrow our synths!).

You're right, everything was so sexist then - we had a riot mate!

Cheers, Mark
wmh

Postby I_am_the_key_la » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:14 am

Lovin these pics of Lee with the big hair :lol:
I_am_the_key_la

Postby Rod Cow » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:23 pm

Yeh this is fascinating stuff.Badger said in Record Collector something along the lines of "I once saw a picture of Neuklon,Lee with his quiff and everything" and now we all can see.

Great to see our man Mavers so young,punking it up with the legendary Neuklon complete with equally legendary maga-quiff,happy and seemingly untroubled at this stage in his life.

Now we have a grand total of two pictures of Lee in seemingly good mood*.The one seen above where he's located next to a profalactic dispenser and a La's where the whole band seem to be very amused at the fact that Lee has produced a lighter from his pocket(one of the Feelin' GOLAB6 box stickers).

Cheers,
Paul

*Well there's also that set of photo's where The La's are all pulling mad faces too I suppose,but I bet that all that was more to do with fucking with the photographer so he couldn't get anything usable than any genuine high spirits-They did,of course,use the photos anyway,leading eventually to the(sadly)fictional but highly desirable and fantastically amusing "It's Lee Mavers Ya Bastards" t-shirt design by Tony

Get some of them made Andy,mate-probably a limited edition maybe,but I'll deffo have one!!!!!)
Rod Cow

Re: Neuklon pics (more to be added on the basis of finding more)

Postby Neil83 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Some brief news regarding Mike Llyod (orginal lead singer of Neuklon). After a 20 year break from music he's attempting to make a comeback using the Neuklon name. Check him out here http://www.myspace.com/neuklon2008 (Lee gets a bit of a mention):
Neil83

Re: Neuklon pics (more to be added on the basis of finding m

Postby Lord Nash Gentleman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 pm

can u pm them neuklon tracks again my pc lost them :o cheers
Lord Nash Gentleman

Re: Neuklon pics (more to be added on the basis of finding more)

Postby James » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Notice Lee's 'Vivienne Westwood' style punk vest top... as the motto went in the shop she and Malcolm ran (SEX)... ''Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die''
James

Postby Kev » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am

Kev

Postby paulflymo66 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 am

the guy who you dont know in the picture is keyboard wizz john yozzer uriel,who very sadly passed away in 2005,i was at the gig at the warehouse on the night them photos were taken,your dad lloyd was so pissed off his roland sh09 didnt work for hangin in,he got totally bladdered and decided to get on stage with the band who were on later,then when there singer protested lloyd poured a pint over his head !! funny at the time.iwent to quite a few gigs of neuklon venus beat,i did have a few demos,hangin in,oh what a day,golden age,but on cassettes i brought from england to here in sydney,it may take a lot of time to find them,dont wanna tease but i did have one with schitzophrenic,cmom,cmon,on all the best or should i say all the vest from them days,ps.mav worked at booths builders training then at the rocket broadgreen,he used to wear sprayed silver steel toe boots ,ha ha quiff n all top ted
paulflymo66

Postby Blackcat12 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am

Hi, does anyone still have copies of the photos? I can’t seem to see a link.

Thanks
Blackcat12

Postby Ming-8L » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Arms folded - https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

Probably here, left, arms folded with quiff - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

Lee's among some of these other Erics photos, if you can find him. Maybe just mixed in the crowd. https://www.facebook.com/groups/850179435111399/photos/
Ming-8L

PreviousNext

Return to The La's