The La's - Guitars. (Tablature book)

All aspects of the Liverpool band - past present & future.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Re: Lee's other acoustics

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:56 pm

eko - ive got a 12 string, from '69 i think, for a period they were made in the Vox italy factory if i remember rightly... nice players, my current fave guitar is my '66 Framus, just like Keef Richards used to play now and then, i love it...
Anonymous

amps

Postby Bennysmarket » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:55 pm

there always seemed to be a small marshall combo onstage with the La's. I presume it was for Lee's electric rig but it seemed a strange choice for him..
Bennysmarket

Re: The La's - Guitars.

Postby steve » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:39 am

hope lee has hung onto that martin with the tree of life design

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=c&g=4&m=D-100%20Deluxe
steve

Postby James » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:51 pm

Actually looks a bit gaudy with all the mother of pearl on it...

Its lucky Mavers doesn't have to resort to Michael Head tactics... down the local cash converters!!!
James

Postby ROB DUDDA » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 pm

steve wrote:hope lee has hung onto that martin with the tree of life design

Outta my price range :lol:
ROB DUDDA

Postby OJT » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:47 pm

is there a reason why I can't see these pictures.... which pluggin am I missing all I see is the code kind of thing where the picture would be is it a firefox isssue?
OJT

Re: The La's - Guitars. (Tablature book)

Postby Syl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 am

Links revived, ezboard mark up removed.
Syl
Site Admin

Postby OJT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am

I can finally see the pictures!
OJT

Postby papalazarou » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Imagine lending anyone (including Lee Mavers) a Gibson semi-acoustic and never getting it back. That's crazy!

I love eko. I have my late uncle's eko ranger, a rather easy-to-find and cheap guitar, but I love it. There's nothing like playing a guitar that's older than you, and has aged and sounds a little seasoned. The fretboard's almost worn to nothing, which is maybe why it was easy to learn on!

I'd love to obtain a eko or mosrite electric. I've got the same dano Lee has, and whilst it's ok (I bought it more for the people who've played them-Sad I know!) I don't get why a musician at his level and with the money he has would use it for gigs. Like someone's previously mentioned, that guitar must have a story to it.
papalazarou

Postby eggyroader » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 am

me mate bought the red wilson guitar of lee, you see him playing in a few pics, in the boxset aswell, proper fucked tho, still its great to play when im there tho, knowing that he gigged with it is a proper thrill, me mate doesnt even play it! its just lying their in his spare room!! tried and tried to buy it of him but he wont sell it, but ill keep nagging and hopefully one day il own my own little bit of La's history!!!
eggyroader

Previous

Return to The La's