Band Practice & Home Recordings

MODERATED Detailed threads on The La's body of work.

Moderators: Tony, Syl, Neil83

Re: Band Practice & Home Recordings

Postby Neil83 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:03 pm

marbled wrote:am a bit late in this thread, good reference point though, cheers Neil. the barn work looks a bit mouthwatering, hope indeed that it does see some light of day. I guess Neil you'd be updating this if you found out any further info of Pawnill Square details? would love to hear some of that, as far as I can make out there's nothing available to that era of the band, bit shocking, with it kinda being at the time of home recording becoming so much more viable and affordable, and bootlegging at a peak surely?
Must find my Cresent copy too, been a while.
Gonna try find the links Tony said being available.

Well yeah, I'd love to be able to update the Pawnall Square entry and several others marbled, but there's nothing new to report I'm afraid.

I'm sure Lee and Edgar must've passed around a few tapes of those sessions. But whoever's got them, there keeping them very close to their chest.

Same with the 'barn/stable' rehearsals. We know Paul Hemmings has got loads of tapes of those sessions and there's rumour of a video too. But again I can't really see us being able to get our hands on them any time soon. :(

Unless someone wants to prove me wrong....
Neil83

Previous

Return to Retrospective