Edgar Jones & The Joneses LIVE in London

Details & Discussion of upcoming Tours.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Edgar Jones & The Joneses LIVE in London

Postby Rocknrollsouljer » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:40 pm

ROCK'N'ROLLSOUL, London's favourite purveyor of 60s-styled soulful happenings, is still officially "between venues". But in order to keep our collective peckers up, we're organised a pretty fine-looking gig on Wednesday, Oct 10.

Down from Liverpool are Mersey modfathers EDGAR JONES & THE JONESES. Edgar's first froup The Stairs split leaving just one highly collectable album. His next band featured two future Zutons. He's also played with Lee Mavers, Johnny Marr and Paul Weller, put the 60s sound into recent albums by Cherry Ghost and Candie Payne, and saw his first solo album Mercury-nominated and decribed by Noel Gallagher as "Probably the best record I've ever heard". This is the band's first London show this year, in support of amazing new R&B-powered waxing 'Gettin' A Luttle Help' ("Keep up with Joneses and buy it now" - Time Out).

Support comes from sleazy listening trio THE STRIPCHORDS playing along to their lovely collection of found retro smut. And as a special treat, we're bringing you Colbert Hamilton, Brixton's own BLACK ELVIS.

Did we mention that tunes will be spun on the night by GERALD SHORT (Jazzman/Funk 45 records)? Or that the whole shebang takes place on a lovingly restored barge, moored by Battersea Power Station?

Tickets are just £7 from JB's Records on Hanway Street. Email us ar rocknrollsoul@mac.com or visit http://www.rocknrollsoul.co.uk if you require any further information.
Rocknrollsouljer

Postby allyrobbo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:51 am

Nice one, been dying to know where Edgar was gonna play in london after hearing him mention a gig on the radio the other week. Deffo going to this. ta
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Edgar Jones & The Joneses

Postby Rocknrollsouljer » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:39 pm

I wanted you fellas to be the first to know that we're down to last 20 tickets for Edgar Jones' exclusive intimate show on the barge. Get down to JB's, Hanway Street, who reckon they'll all be gone by the end of the week.
Rocknrollsouljer

Postby Sally_Cinnamon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Anyone going to the Edgar gig at the Jazz Cafe on Sunday?
Sally_Cinnamon

Return to Live Dates