Edgar Jones at Heebie Jeebies - Help required

Details & Discussion of upcoming Tours.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Edgar Jones at Heebie Jeebies - Help required

Postby dr-winston » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:25 pm

Howdo all, new La here good to see other great bands being discussed as well as the La's.

I'm thinking of popping into town tonight to catch Edgar as he's de man oh yes.

However, I've never been to Heebies and the only reference I can find on Google seems to suggest that it's closed down and the phone number I have for them (01517087001) isn't working. I don't want to drive all the way up to find that I can't get in or whatever so can someone help me out with some contact details?

I've tried directory enquiries without success - I'm not even sure that they are playing tonight but I thought on Mark Lamarr they said they play the first Monday of every month.

Anyone know what time they go on? How much it is to get in?

Where is the best place to park?

Questions questions questions...any advice gratefully received.

Cheers
---------------------------------------
Although this message was designed to be played by modern stereo phonographs it may also be played by monaural equipment if fitted with a suitable cartridge.
dr-winston

LMW

Postby hobo_marc » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:46 pm

It's definately still open, but not sure if he's playin tonight.

He does DJ there every Monday (I think) and his band do some instrumental standards throughout the night! Worth a look I'd say.
hobo_marc

Postby dr-winston » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Thanks for the advice, it's a long way for me to come if it's not a proper gig I'll keep my eyes peeled for something else. It's difficult to find out when he's playing though as he doesn't even have a website. I see that people do post gigs here so I'll keep 'em peeled.
Although this message was designed to be played by modern stereo phonographs it may also be played by monaural equipment if fitted with a suitable cartridge.
dr-winston

Postby Tom » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:34 am

Edgar Jones & The Joneses are playin this Friday at The Metropolitan as part of Liverpool Music Week
Tom

Postby dr-winston » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks - I reckon I'm on it...haven't seen Edgar since The Stairs.
dr-winston

Postby dr-winston » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks fellas - I made the effort and had the time of my life.

I see the Hoboes played on Thursday at the Met? Sorry I missed it defo wanna catch you guys live soon.

Likewise fake - let us know when you're next playing, be good to check your lot out.

I've a feeling I'm gonna be a more regular visitor round your way...keep us informed on Edgar dates, I might do a Monday at Heebies if the band are playing.

Hope to see you both soon.
dr-winston

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Was a boss night down the metropolitan that night

will do man, sent you a pm about it
Tom

Return to Live Dates