The Greatnorthwestern Hoboes

Details & Discussion of upcoming Tours.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

The Greatnorthwestern Hoboes

Postby allyrobbo » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:42 am

Theyre playing a few dates soon, think im gona make the journey for the brighton one.

http://www.myspace.com/thegreatnorthwesternhoboes
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby Neil83 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:48 pm

Having heard a tape of a gig they did last year, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. I haven't heard a new band with a set as good as theirs in a long, long time.
Neil83

Postby allyrobbo » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Well looking forward to it now, just hope all is ok next week and i can still go!
Just been checking out The Mighty High Times, and theyre amazing, loving their tunes on myspace :D
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:17 pm

wow, cheers for the compliments mate. We will be doing a full set as well now before the hoboes. So hope you make it down and we don't dissapoint. Come and say hello always good to meet people from the board.
Steve
TMHT's
plastic scouser

Postby allyrobbo » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 pm

I'll deffo be there mate, been getting the rest of the lads on to your myspace to ready themselves for a good night out. Just need to sort the transportation now an we'll be on!! :D

Edit: Just been trying to download the songs from ya myspace to lob on an mp3 player for work, but the links dont seen to load?? Any ideas kidda?
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:16 am

alright mate

yeah do you have an account with my space. Need to have one and I think you have to send a friends request to us then you can download.
See you next weekend
Steve

p.s. there is only one track to download at the moment, but we'll have the ep for sale on the gig night.
plastic scouser

Postby allyrobbo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Nice one mate, I'll get one of your EP's at the gig then. :)
I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby General Sherman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:20 am

Top band The Hoboes, as are The Mighty High Times. Saw them at the Stash last time they played. Well worth a butchers if you can get down for it. Sadly I can't this time, gutted.

Have a good gig lads!

G.S.
General Sherman

Postby allyrobbo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:54 am

What can I say, an absolutely fantastic night!! Me and only one mate could make it in the end, we were the first ones in there, so qualified for a free copy of the MHT ep (which im just listening to now btw and its brilliant), which I was planning on buying anyway! First on were The Beehives, who werent bad, think they had a bit of guitar trouble, their songs reminded me of the kooks. Anyway after that was The Mighty High Times, so I took my place at the bar with a cold one, their tunes were great, especially enjoyed the new song or 'work in progress' as it was called, reminded me of the la's alot. To finish their set they done a cover of Weed Bus which was absolutely rocking :D Then the main men, The Great Northwestern Hoboes, who I expected to be good, but they were phonomenal!! They absolutely blew me away with the old faves Between Catherine and Hope, and Take a ride. Their set closer was a blues number which was stomping, absolutely fantasic. The Hoboes have to be the best new band around, their sound is so unique, and as for the guy on guitar, mandolin, fiddle and banjo, thats some talent!! The Lead singer has a great set of pipes on him aswel, great live voice. Thats the first time I've been to a gig in a long while where I've been blown away. Cant wait for the next time now. Anyone record it last night lads because that was superb, cheers.

Some photos of the hoboes that I got on my phone from the bar!!

I am the Eggman
We are the Eggmen
I am the Walrus
allyrobbo

Postby Neil83 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:19 am

allyrobbo wrote:Then the main men, The Great Northwestern Hoboes, who I expected to be good, but they were phonomenal!! They absolutely blew me away with the old faves Between Catherine and Hope, and Take a ride. Their set closer was a blues number which was stomping, absolutely fantasic. The Hoboes have to be the best new band around, their sound is so unique, and as for the guy on guitar, mandolin, fiddle and banjo, thats some talent!! The Lead singer has a great set of pipes on him aswel, great live voice. Thats the first time I've been to a gig in a long while where I've been blown away. Cant wait for the next time now. Anyone record it last night lads because that was superb, cheers.

:D Great stuff. And some class photees 'n all.

I told yer didn't I, that you'd be blown away by the Hoboes. I don't wanna give Marc and Stuart big heads reading this, but they really are sublime. Dare I say, the best pure pop band from L'pool since the La's? Well I guess I just did.

Seriously, anyone on here who hasn't got onto them yet, go and do so NOW.
Last edited by Neil83 on Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil83

Postby General Sherman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:41 pm

sounds like a top night!

like neil says, if you haven't heard those Hoboes, you really should.

G.S.
General Sherman

ALL SONGS AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD

Postby hobo_marc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments lads.

You can now listen to and download all of our releases in the MUSIC section of our band website...aren't we kind!

Go to: http://www.greatnorthwesternhoboes.com

Cheers
The Hoboes
hobo_marc

Return to Live Dates