Manchester Ritz - TUE - 14/06/2005.

Details & Discussion of upcoming Tours.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

Postby Ellen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:30 pm

have you really?
Ellen

Postby Garf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:01 pm

anyone know the names of the last 2 songs they played ???, hadnt heard emm before but sounded really good.
Garf

Postby Niceonethanks » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Garf wrote:anyone know the names of the last 2 songs they played ???, hadnt heard emm before but sounded really good.

Couldn't make it to the Ritz gig myself (went to Sheffield), but I'm told they played the fabled Human Race at Manchester!
Niceonethanks

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:48 pm

As I said in another thread I reckon it seemed to be two efforts (one failed thanks to John's bass dying on him) at the same song, of which the lyrics were something like '.............(something!)..........,get with the Blues' - similar in style to Come In Come Out with a more bluesy vibe rather than a latin one - class tune! Don't think it was the Human Race though! Before that in the first encore it was Over and I Am The Key.
Ally

new song

Postby gaetano » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:24 pm

the new song they played both in Manchester and in London.

it could be called "diggin' the blues" or "get with the blues", because at a ceratin point in the song Lee sings that line over and over.

the rythm of the song is similar to "Failure", only with a more "scattered" drum pattern. the song is in E and stays that way for the whole duration.
sounded quite Beefhearty, in my opinion.
gaetano

Postby Garf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:51 pm

if anyone has the last 2 songs at the manchester gig on mp3, please email a copy.. thanks

happyjack81@yahoo.com
Garf

Postby zutonhkhamuun » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:46 pm

was it not "rhythm and blues" he was singing?
zutonhkhamuun

Postby Niceonethanks » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:54 pm

I'm sorry, but every time I listen to that song, I hear "get in place... in the human race" or a derivative thereof ("find your place"/"find a place"? "in the human race").
Definitely both lines sound like they end with a hard "aace" sound.

I really don't hear "gimme the blues" or anything like that at all.

I'm surprised no one agrees, but heigh ho :(
Niceonethanks

Postby Neilo C » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:54 pm

I was hearing 'Typical Blues' or 'Rhythm 'n' Blues'... very Beefhearty, great track.
ABBA ZABBA ZOOM
Neilo C

Postby Raindance » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:21 pm

Niceonethanks wrote:"get in place... in the human race" or a derivative thereof ("find your place"/"find a place"? "in the human race").
Definitely both lines sound like they end with a hard "aace" sound.

I really don't hear "gimme the blues" or anything like that at all.

Listening to the recording from Shepherds Bush I don't hear anything like that at all but do instead clearly hear him singing "give me the blues" over and over again. Are we talking about two different new songs maybe? Or maybe they did the same track with different lyrics in Manchester?

Here's roughly what I hear on the London recording:

I woke up this morning
Put on my shoes
I started walking
'Cos I get the news (?)

Gave me the blues
Gave me the blues
Give me the blues

Your news (?)
Give the blues

Way I feel (?)
Way I choose
Give me the blues
Your news (?)
Gave me the blues
Give me the blues
Give me the blues
Your news (?)
Give me the blues

Give the blues...

To me, more like a "new song", this sounds like a jam. It has that Beefheart circa Clear Spot kind of groove similar to "Come In Come Out" and especially "Knock Me Down" but if you really listen to it, the lyrics and certainly the lack of any kind of chord structure to speak of quite clearly indicate that this is a bluesy jam, the kind that any band worth their salt can just start playing out of the blue. Having said that, the lead guitar line is very cool.

If you all don't agree with that, I certainly do hope this is not one of the songs everybody has been talking about over the years, "well worth the wait", "better than There She Goes", etc., likeable as it is.

It's obvious they are still holding back the REAL new songs and threw in something like that because they know the diehard fans (ie. thelas.org) wanted to hear something (James' report from the Ritz proves Lee reads or at least has read the board, "...said the forum was all cool and he hoped he'd fulfilled expectation etc.").

Neilo C wrote:I was hearing 'Typical Blues' or 'Rhythm 'n' Blues'... very Beefhearty, great track.

I still say it's "give me the blues", check out the mp3!
Raindance

Postby Garf » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:47 pm

where can you get mp3s of the songs ???
Garf

A long time comin hello.....

Postby geoff g » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:02 pm

Sorry to all who I arranged to meet at Manc gig :( had real probs getting to gig on time never mind trying to meet up. Have had bad probs with Mac at home and stint on hols otherwise would of apologised earlier. Anyway what a gig aye have to be a bit envyous of those who managed to meet the band afterwords – feckers. Jasper was getting some cagey looks off Lee during the set and John seemed to be enjoying himself. Overall a boss gig – would of liked to have been there earlier to soak up some of the atmosphere.
geoff g

Postby Andy_M » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:46 am

Shoulda got yersel a PC Geoff, you get a right click button and everything... :P
Andy_M

Previous

Return to Live Dates