From Sweden, With Love!

Introduce yourself.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

From Sweden, With Love!

Postby Clean Prophet » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Alright, been a (not-so-active) member for a few months now, and it is first now I discover this part of the forum...
I'm a young La's fan of the tender age 20 which means that I am that living proof that The La's continue to inspire people who not only where to young to have any concept of Mr. Mavers brilliance when they released their one album (released the same year I was born) but also inspire people from an entirely different country.
I've been into The La's for about three years now I think and outside of my own social circle I have never met a La's fan here in Sweden...Maybe I'm the first member on this forum north from the UK?
Anyway: Hi all! :D
/Clean Prophet
Clean Prophet

Re: From Sweden, With Love!

Postby Syl » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Welcome Clean Prophet.

Strangely, there was an open invitation from the: Academic Society of Lund, to The La's, sent to my email, at some point..

Forum members have signed up from Norway and Finland.
Syl
Site Admin

Re: From Sweden, With Love!

Postby Clean Prophet » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Hmm, Interesting, have never heard about The La's playing here in Sweden, but it would be weird if they haven't played here since alot of UK bands seems to have been playing early "non-uk" gigs in Sweden (at least back in the days:everyone from The Beatles to The Stone Roses did after all play some of their first continental gigs in Sweden)
Good to know that my funnyspeaking neighbours to both the west and east have found their way here! :D
Clean Prophet

Return to Just arrived..?