marbled - milk teeth ep

Introduce yourself.

Moderators: Tony, Syl

marbled - milk teeth ep

Postby Marbled » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 am

Lo beams,

a new start for me, moved away from trying to overproduce things I'd done in the past with me old band.. less of trying to be so dramatic vocally, you gotta learn.. and back to some basics, taking on board the feel of Great Northwestern Hoboes in part, obviously some Fleet Foxes, and an element of Graham Coxon.

Milk Teeth EP, is my debut solo EP, a folky acoustic rambling with flourishes of some other instrumentation, with the whole lick never far away from the essence of the tune itself.. lots of creaks and bird tweaks, catching the spirit and not the atmosphere of the Easter weekend in the North Yorkshire countryside with Sam Forrest producing. Best thing I have ever done, mighty proud of it, and it's up on http://www.myspace.com/marbled

If anyone could do of me a favour, I am primarily looking for places to send this EP to be reviewed, so regardless of whether you listen to it or not, it's description is above, whether you like it or not that much, any web links, mates who review etc.. would be appreciated, I wholeheartedly stand by this and it's venture it's going on with forthcoming EPs, so to try and get people to review it is all I'm looking for now, start of a long ol' journey I hope in no money making but word spreading tunesmithery ;)
Marbled

Re: marbled - milk teeth ep

Postby da capo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Having a listen now mate, sounds good so far :)
da capo

Postby Marbled » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:21 am

da capo wrote:Having a listen now mate, sounds good so far :)

cheers Chief!
Marbled

Postby Marbled » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 am

It can now be downloaded or listened to at

http://marbled.bandcamp.com/

in FLAC, WAV, AIFF, 320kbps MP3 etc.. individual tracks or the whole four tracked EP.
Marbled

Postby LookingGlass » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Marbled wrote:It can now be downloaded or listened to at

http://marbled.bandcamp.com/

in FLAC, WAV, AIFF, 320kbps MP3 etc.. individual tracks or the whole four tracked EP.

Love the (acoustic) guitar sound on this. What guitar/mic/rig was used? Can hear a bit of Nick Drake and Jose Gonzalez.
LookingGlass

Postby Marbled » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

The guitar is a cheapo Vintage I got for about £175, and much prefer it to my Taylor Big Baby.. the mics and set up, I can't recall... it was done in a garage in a small village with this amazing atmosphere all around, and somehow we caught that.. though the mics, I don't know, they were the producer/engineer gear. I used some expensive Gibson acoustic the producer (Sam Forrest from Nine Black Alps) got when he was making the second album with a big budget from Island :) twas nice and the strings were about 8 months old!
Marbled

Postby Marbled » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Milk Teeth EP and the follow up Rodeo Falls EP are up on the above link downloadable at £1 an EP.
New ambient electro EP soon to go live on the site too.
Marbled

Postby Rod Cow » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:35 am

What was the name of your band that you were in before you went solo marbled?I think I'd like to hear some of your over-produced stuff (I like over-produced,well lavishly priduced if you like) as well as the lovely back-to-basics nature of your newer stuff.

CheersPaul
Rod Cow

Postby bororingo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Have you tried Leeds Music Scene for a review?
bororingo

Return to Just arrived..?